34. Incomparable-Part 2 [I.M]

"It is never too late or too soon. It is when it is supposed to be."

-Mitch Albom, The Time Keeper

You highlighted the baffling sentence in yellow and pondered the meaning behind it. There was a reason why you love reading books. You are in a rightful position to imagine and think on what the author was trying to portray regardless of the simplicity of a sentence. You shifted your gaze onto the next line but was abrupt when the grating doorbell rang. You groaned and closed your book shut, prepared to stab a knife into the meddler's chest for intercepting your flow.

You dragged your now heavy feet to the door and pulled it open, shooting daggers at the intruder. However, your eyes widened upon the familiar figure whom you least expected to appear infront of your doorstep. In a flash, you closed the door but it was pushed wide opened by his hand due to his quick reflexes. 'Why is Changkyun here out of all places and on a weekend? Shouldn't he be clubbing or stealing chocolates from a convenience store?'you thought.

He craned his head up and stared brazenly at you. You clenched your fist to keep yourself bold. You didn't want to be a weakling just by a piercing gaze. "Why are you here? How do you know where I live?"you bombarded questions.

His eyes flickered past you and instead of responding, he trespassed into your house.

"Yah yah!"you hollered upon his rude manners.

He scanned the cozy living room and then the carpeted narrow hallway.

"Excuse me? You haven't answered my question,"you folded your arms.

You scoffed when he ambled to the hallway. He was clearly interested in the photo frames hung onto both sides of the walls. The frames were all arranged in parallel, consisting of family, friends and individual photos. He halted infront of a photo frame and craned his head to you.

"We're going out, remember?"he smirked.

You rolled your eyes. "I didn't even agree to it."

"Then I guess I'll have to wait here then. The couch looks comfortable,"he grinned and ambled to the black leather couch. He flopped onto it and crossed his legs, his eyes scanning the interior.

You massaged your temples. 'I can't let him stay here alone with me,'you thought. It wouldn't look nice if a guy stayed in your house with no adults around. You realised you had only one option, regardless of how suffering it would be for you. You heaved a sigh, not accepting your choice at that moment but you had to.

"Don't you dare mess the house,"you pointed your forefinger at Changkyun. Changkyun nodded and flashed an 'okay' sign with his fingers.

"Wear something decent,"he winked.

You heaved once more and dragged your feet to your room to change.

It wasn't a date nor was Changkyun your friend so you weren't too focused on your appearance. You decided to wear something comfortable and casual so you slipped on a random ankle grazer jeans from your closet and tucked in a plain yellow tee with short sleeves. The only accessories you wore was a wristwatch and a belt to secure your jeans. Grudgingly, you took a black sling bag and started stuffing in your belongings. 'Why does he make my life so difficult?'you thought.

You scrutinized yourself in the mirror and raked your naturally wavy hair with your fingers, not even bothered to apply any make-up. You preferred to look natural. You frowned and sauntered out of your room. You hopped in place when Changkyun was standing at the hallway, his eyes glued onto a particular photo hung on the wall.

You followed his gaze and realised a photo of you with your parents caught his attention. You were cramped in the middle as both your parents wrapped their arms around you and planted a soft kiss onto your cheek each. You reminisced that moment. It was on your birthday and you suggested to have a family photoshoot with them to appreciate their effort in being your side when they both have jobs to fulfill.