63. Fallin' [Wonho]

Darkened grey smudges of wool threateningly surrounded the sky like a predator would encircle its prey. Trickles of liquid hit the ground and a dense earthly smell rose from it, enveloping everything within its soft embrace. You absorbed the natural melody of the quenching rain. Unlike others, the percussion of the given water brought such a soothing sound to your ears like a mother's soulful hum.

With a half smile, you stood under the roof of the supermarket and closed your eyes for a short while, the splattering water calming you. As you blinked open, your serene state of mind faded when a muscular drenched man dragged his feet under the heavy rain. You furrowed your eyebrows and couldn't help but to judge him. 'Is he drunk?'you thought.

You looked to the left and right, noticing that no one had the heart to lend him an umbrella or atleast asked him if he was fine when in fact, you were reluctant as well. You bit your lower lip and stared at him for a moment, internalizing his thoughts and emotions. You heaved a sigh afterwards and snapped open your umbrella, hovering it over your head as you stepped out of the shelter.

You peered your head and sauntered to him, shaking your head in disbelief. 'He's so buff and yet he looks so devastated or perhaps he didn't have enough money to even afford an umbrella but he has huge muscles so he definitely has money to buy protein right?'you thought. You hovered the umbrella above his head as you walked closer to him, shielding the both of you from the rain.

He halted in his tracks and looked up to the umbrella. Afterwards, he craned his head to you and you gasped seeing his red puffy eyes. "Boyyy you look so horrible!"you exclaimed.

He scrutinized you from head to toe blankly, his eyes indeed showed a glint of sadness. He looked away and took a step forward so you followed along. He stopped and looked down to you with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why are you here?"he asked fatiguely.

"I don't know. My legs brought me here,"you shrugged.

He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes on you. "Are you seriously crying under the rain? And in public?"you judged.

He heaved a sigh and averted his gaze from yours, walking along the pavement. "The weather suits my mood anyway."

"Let me guess, you got cheated on?"you cocked a brow.

He sighed even more. "She got married today."

Your eyes widened like an owl, almost losing your grip on the umbrella. "Wow, that's even worse." You shook your head and scrutinized his disheveled hair, frowning lips and drenched clothes from head to toe. You stared down at the plastic bags you were holding, glancing through the things you just bought at the supermarket a moment ago.

You clicked your head up to the stranger. "Wanna go to my house and drink soju?"you lifted up the plastic bag and jiggled it abit, the glass bottles producing clanking sounds.

"You're soaking wet as well so you might want to you know, change your clothes,"you suggested. 'And then I can peep at your muscles,'you thought with a small smile crept across your lips.

He stared at you for a moment, truly deciphering your motive. "Oh please don't doubt me. I'm not a criminal or a thief. How can you expect me to kidnap such a heavy load like you?"you scoffed.

He blinked and looked away, biting his lower lip. He wondered if following you was a good idea that would atleast benefit him. You noticed how reluctant he was and perhaps, you thought you were being so straightforward for offering him to go home with you. Morever, you were living alone.

"Okayyyy, maybe you don't want to. Then just take my umbrella and I can just run under the rain. I'm the fastest runner in track and field back then in high school,"you winked and released your hand from the umbrella.

However, your hand didn't leave. You froze when you felt his cold wet hands on top of yours, making your heart race. You looked at his hand with enlarged eyes blankly. 'Y/N, this is not the time to feel such a moment,'you thought as you gulped.

"W-where do you live?"

You shot your head up, meeting his eyes. The stranger stared at you with puffy eyes and that moment, your heart throbbed. 'That girl who left him doesn't deserve him,'you thought. It has only been a short while knowing him under the heavy rain but during that period, you were able to learn the type of person he was. Beneath his strong built, he owned a soft heart.

--

You slammed the glass cup, the soju splattering on your dining table. The bottle of soju wobbled dangerously.

"Are you drunk?"

You clicked your head up with flushed cheeks and shook your index finger from left to right. Your eyes had a strange sunken look and were threaded with scarlet so densely that they appeared pink.

"Yah, what's your name again?"you tilted your head.

"Wonho,"he spoke.

A smirk crept across your lips but soon after, you frowned as you rumpled your hand through your hair due to your spinning head.

"I should be the one whose drunk,"he blurted out as he wrapped his fingers around the glass and raises it to take a sip, feeling the keen burn on his tongue and throat.

"You know, the rain is just like us people,"you rested your head in your left hand.

Wonho peeled his eyes away from the glass and furrowed his eyebrows at you. He was definitely in a state of confusion because your words started to make no sense.

"The rain falls down from the sky and then it stops. Some people in our lives just come and go. These people, they don't deserve our tears,"you spoke and poured more soju into your cup.

Just then, you absentmindedly slammed your fists on the table, jabbing your finger at Wonho. He leaned back and blinked with enlarged eyes. "Why cry for her?! She left you for another man! How pathetic...What do you not have?! You're handsome, big sized, you have smooth fair skin and....a soft heart. Give me her number!"

Wonho was even more bewildered when you complimented him out of the blue. However, he was rather pleased because atleast, you cared despite that the both of you were just strangers.

"Go out *hic* and enjoy! *hic* Being single gives you *hic* SO MUCH freedom,"you opened your arms and emphasised 'so much' in between your hiccups. You squinted your eyes when darkness started to engulf you and slowly, your eyes droop. You dropped your head onto the table and waved at Wonho.

You heard him chuckle. "You're right. Why cry for people who isn't worth my tears?"

You groaned, annoyed by his voice. "What is he saying?"you mumbled and drifted off to sleep.