29. White Sugar-Part 2 [Shownu]

A/N: I died watching monsta x's drama on vlive😂

--

You stretched your tense arms and legs. The training you had from the day before caused so much weakness in you. You were fatigued just for a little bit. More lifeguards started to gather at the venue when you were first introduced. As you scrutinized the swarming lifeguards, your eyes happened to land onto Shownu. You started to reminisce the water fight you had with him the night before and most of all, the awkward outcome of the water fight was still fresh in your mind.

The close intimacy.

You shook those thoughts off and resumed your light stretches. However, you couldn't help but reminisce it once more. You slapped your cheeks multiple times and enlarged your eyes. 'What is wrong with me? Why is my cheeks burning? Why do I always remember that night?'you thought.

You heaved a heavy breath and bit your lip. It has only been two days and you are already feeling this way.

"Hi."

You flinched on the spot and clicked your head to the familiar voice. Just by seeing his face, you recalled what happened last night.

"Did you sleep well last night?"he asked out of the blue.

You looked up at him with widened eyes. The both of you are actually communicating like how friends do. "Well no...I mean yea. I slept well,"you stuttered.

'How can I sleep when something happened between us last night?'you thought.

"Let's just forget what happened last night. It was unintentional,"he said as he rubbed his nape sheepishly. 'So he does feel awkward about it.'

You nodded and proceeded to follow beside him. As per usual, all of you gathered in positions and started training. It includes the back and forth running through the waters, swimming several laps and training your speed in getting equipments for emergency but this time round, there was a new addition.

All the lifeguards have to go up the stairs of the highest tower and take the buoy down the slide. The buoy must consist at most 4 people. As usual, the lifeguards would push you aside because they couldn't accept you yet. Shownu still stayed by your side so the both of you ended up being the last ones.

Midway through the steps, you gasped for air and you could feel your legs burning. 'Why is there so many steps?'you thought. You held onto the handrail and halted in your track. Shownu stopped and turned to you.

"Are you okay?"you clicked your head up when Shownu and a lifeguard asked simultaneously. They glared at each other at first but their gaze softened when they divert to you.

"You have weak stamina,"commented Shownu with his judgemental face.

'There goes the cold Shownu.' Just then, a hand extended out to you. You looked up once more and saw the lifeguard whom you didn't know extending his hand out.

"Do you need help?"he asked with a glint of concern.

You looked at him blankly and then back at Shownu. You were amused by their difference. He was surprisingly nice whereas Shownu was just cold. You expected it anyway. 'But why is he being so nice to me? What if it's one of those traps to make me look bad?'you thought.

"It's okay. I can do this,"you ignored his helping hand and went up the stairs instead. You heard Shownu stiffling his laughter as he went up to your side once more, leaving the lifeguard bewildered.