98. Fly With Me [I.M]

a/n: since i normally use monsta x's songs as titles and inspirations for my stories, i also want to get that same imagination from songs sang by an individual member. at first i didnt know how to relate the story to i.m's 'fly with me' but after cracking my head for so many days, i finally i got an idea haha.

--

Police officers stood in organised straight lines under the scorching heat. They were soon to be the epitome of authority with their gun hanging idly by their hips, crisp dark blue uniform and shiny shoes. An overwhelming emotion engulfed as you stood in the same place as future protectors who believed in public service and law.

"They look stunning,"commented your cameraman, Wonwoo.

He angled his camera and recorded them, gawking as he took into inventory the smart and proud police officers. He was envious of how they portrayed themselves with self confidence and strict discipline. Despite distractions from cameras, phones and reporters, they didn't falter.

"Let's go find President Kang Gyung Rang and interview him,"you told Wonwoo.

He nodded his head and trailed by your side, his eyes never leaving the men he envied. It was a last minute notice so you were tasked to replace Reporter Yoon, your colleague to interview the president of Korean National Police Univeristy (KNPU). He came across a family emergency and hence had to take urgent leave.

You and Wonwoo sauntered past the field where the officers gathered, heading to the main building and caught sight of a grey haired man dressed smartly in a polyester blazer standing at the corner of the entrance. His face was heavily lined with wrinkles with a stern yet peaceful expression as he stared at the officers on the field. 'Its him,'you thought as you walked up the stairs.

Your heels clicked away, thus catching his attention. You and Wonwoo bowed respectfully and he knew right away you were going to interview and film him. "Good morning, Sir. You must be President Kang Gyung Rang. I'm Reporter Y/N who called you the day before regarding the interview and filming,"you clarified and extended your arm out for a handshake.

His face crumpled up as he flashed a warm smile at you, accepting your handshake. "Ah, so you are the one. Nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too, President Kang. Should we interview you in your office or a venue that is convenient for you?"you asked and released his grasp.

He chuckled and shook his hands. "I was waiting for the both of you and realised the weather is pretty hot. I wouldn't want the cameraman to shake so we could go to my office. Besides, I was wondering why the reporters down there are just wandering about the field and thought you were one of them."

You furrowed your eyebrows and craned your head to the field, noticing that the reporters and cameramen didn't have any plans on interviewing President Kang. However, you caught sight of a young male reporter who instructed his cameraman to divert his attention to you, taking a picture of perhaps President Kang. 'Who are they waiting for?'you thought.

"I heard they came from small gossip companies,"Wonwoo inched closer and whispered into your ears.

You and Wonwoo belonged to a professional and well-known company who focuses on positive reputations and real facts in relation to bringing up the honest insight of Korea instead of stirring up rumours or scandals which might be false. Realising that President Kang was waiting, your lips immediately curved upwards as a form of apology.

"You shouldn't have waited for us but thank you for your concern. Shall we start the interview?"you extended your arm out to escort him.

"Yes yes. It is my pleasure,"President Kang nodded and led you and Wonwoo into the building to film in his office.