33. Blind-Part 2 [Hyungwon]

You flinched as murmurs started to fill the room. A deep voice could be heard and you got fazed by it. You opened your eyes slowly and squinted when a ray of light shone on your eyes. 'Why is it so bright?'you thought.

"Y/N?"

A familiar voice called your name. You blinked multiple times and your vision started to become clear. You could see the parallel positions of fluroscent lights on the white ceiling. You craned your head to your left and saw a man's face whom you haven't seen for such a long time.

"Can you see me?"he asked as he leaned against the bed rails.

Dark circles were evident under his eyes, showing how fatigued he was. His eyes had wrinkles and his face was slim as his cheek bone was seen popping out. You reached out your hand and touched his face with your fingertips.

"A-Appa?"

Tears started brimming in his eyes as he nodded his head and stroked your hair. You then realised, you could finally see again. Just then, you saw a woman with wavy bobbed hair rushing beside your father. You knew who she was just by looking at how resplendent her beauty was. You have the same facial traits as her.

"Eomma?"you called.

She broke into tears and nodded her head vigorously. "Y-Yes, my dear."

You got up from bed with the help of your father and saw a doctor and a nurse just infront of your bed. You stared at them blankly and scrutinized the room you were in.

"H-how did this happen?"you mumbled which was audible enough for the doctor to hear.

"Congratulations,"you clicked your head to the doctor whose smile showed his perfectly alligned teeth.

"All of us didn't expect you to regain your vision but the surgery went well. It seems like luck was on your side,"added the doctor.

"You can finally see again!"your mother was on cloud nine as she held onto your hand dearly.

"Since your vision is back, please take good care of your eyes. Refrain from watching televisions and phones for now because your eyes need to rest. I suggest you look at greeneries so you can relax your eyes. I will take my leave then,"bowed the doctor.

"Thank you,"you said.

The doctor smiled and ambled out of the room with the nurse. You divert your attention onto your parents and took the time to scrutinize their face. Clearly, they've aged.

"The both of you had a hard time right?"you asked.

Your father shook his head. "I'm fine as long as I could help. I'll promise to be a better father alright?"

You chuckled into a smile. "You're already a good father, Appa."

"Does Hyungwon know about this?"asked your mother.

Since Hyungwon helped you out a lot, he got to know your parents more. They treated him like their own son.

"Nope. I'm going to surprise him tomorrow,"you grinned.

"Eomma, Appa. Let's go eat. I'm hungry,"you added and rubbed your stomach in circles.

They chuckled. "Alright, let's go eat."