89. Fate-Part 2 [Hyungwon]

a/n: this chapter is dedicated to yanagirenjiidealtype :) pls read part 1 to refresh your mind. hope u like it! its going to be pretty long hehe

--

The rich aroma of the dishes wafted down and beckoned you. You could not resist the delightful sensations that whipped up inside your memory at the mere thought of eating the mouth-watering delicacies laden out on the table. The amount of food would be expected to even last for a few more days. Worried by the feast, you leaned in closer to Director Chae and whispered.

"Do you normally eat this much with your grandma?"

Director Chae clicked his head down at you, flustered by the close and out of the blue distance. A gentle flush of pink had arisen in his cheeks that made him look vulnerable. Unconsciously, he held his breath with a look of discomfiture on his face.

"N-no. Maybe because you're the guest,"he stammered.

You scratched your head and reverted to straightening your back. At that moment, Director Chae immediately exhaled and shook his head to shrug off the overwhelming contact. Perhaps, he was accustomed to a male secretary for years and hence, you might caught him off-guard at times because you seemed very comfortable with him.

"Gosh, Mrs Lee. You didn't have to cook so much,"you remarked as she finally sat down together after putting the last plate of dish on the table.

"I have to feed Hyungwon well, just look at that stick body of his aigoo."

You chuckled at her comment. It was true, his body was slim. Director Chae widened his eyes at Mrs Lee with jaw dropping to the floor. He must have been embarrassed since you were there to witness Mrs Lee harsh and straightforward thoughts.

"Grandma!"he exclaimed.

Mrs Lee cocked her eyebrow at him, as if telling him that it was the truth. However, her gaze softened when she diverted her attention at you. "And because we have never had a beautiful guest, I should cook more. Help yourself, alright?"she grabbed her chopsticks and placed a slice of egg omelette on top of your rice. You bowed and thanked her for the food with your cheeks blushing with a tint of delicate sweetness within by her compliment.

Director Chae noticed the rosiness that was evident on your face and the shy smile on your lips. He has met you several times in the bus but now that he would be seeing that face from up close, he found you beautiful. He doesn't drop his eyes for a moment. However, he was unaware that Mrs Lee was observing him. She smiled to herself at the sight of Director Chae admiring you.

"How is it working with Hyungwon?"she started up a conversation to find out your impression of him.

Director Chae looked down onto his food, acting nonchalantly when in fact his ears were perked up to listen to your response.

You gulped down the food and answered without any hesitation. "He's nice. Director Chae helped me a lot,"you resumed eating.

"Nice?? I heard from the staffs that they find him scary,"added Mrs Lee.

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked over to Director Chae. 'Scary? How with that dashing face of his?'you thought and blinked your eyes blankly.