49. Special [Wonho]

A/N: okay wow i took 179028 years to update. I'm sorry to my readers out there and especially to those who requested. You had to wait for such a long time omg im sry. I know I'm a bad author, I know :( I'm trying my best to update regularly but I always have matters coming up and also, I'm in my senior year so I have an important national exam this year. Nevertheless, I will try my best to update more alright? This is dedicated to the talented reader and author who did my book covers :) rm_stupidity

--

Clacking of keys resonated throughout the office. Your fingertips messily pressed the keys, resulting in the constant cheap plastic sound of the backspace key. With editing of misspelled words, glancing of correct details and checking of grammar, you clicked on the save button once your work was done for printing.

You stretched your tense arms and cracked your knuckles while sauntering to the printer. You grabbed the freshly printed report and filed it in a black folder for confirmation with your boss the next day. After leaving the folder on your boss' desk, you switched off the computer and tidied up your stationeries back into its container.

Out of the blue, your phone ringed. You chuckled into a smile and cleared your throat before answering the call.

"Hmm yes?"

"Are you done with work, journalist Y/N?"you cracked into a small smile after hearing his cheeky voice.

"Yes why? Wait a minute, you're not outside the building right now are you?"you furrowed your eyebrows as you pressed the button of the elevator.

"Hurry up and come out. I waited for so long,"he whined.

You chuckled. "Who told you to wait for me? Tsk, I'm coming down."

"Great! See you!"

You hung up the call and just in time, the elevator arrived. With your heels clicking away, you ambled in and pressed the button to the lobby. You spun on your heels and turned to the polished mirror, tidying up your straight hair and outfit. Once again, your heart palpitated and butterflies filled your stomach just by the thought of seeing him.

As you arrived at the lobby and tapped your card on the scanning machine, your eyes caught a muscular man leaning against his glossy black car. Your heart melted. His tousled dark brown hair which was thick and lustrous, his deep set eyes, his toned body and thin lips which curved into a smile when he saw you. As you got nearer to him, your heart pounded even more. He is your best friend and you secretly viewed him as a man ever since adolescent days.

"How have you been?"he beamed a smile, showing his pearl white teeth. He is Wonho, the man you cherish.

A bleak, thin wind howled, taking fronds of your hair and made them into lashes that beat your face.

"Opps your hair,"he pointed out.

To your astonishment, your heart fluttered as he tucked the flying strands of your hair behind your ears. You blinked with cheeks flushed scarlet red. His smile grew wider as he scrutinized your hair. You wanted him to stop smiling but deep inside, it was the most beautiful sight. You cleared your throat and averted your gaze away from him.

"Let's go out. You must be hungry,"he opened the passenger's seat.

"I'm not though."

"No no no. You're hungry. I know."

He seized your wrist and dragged you into the car without letting any words slip out of your mouth. You chuckled and buckled your seatbelt. He ran over to the other side and did the same too. Starting the engine, he drove off after glancing at you.