18. I'll Be There [Hyungwon]

A/N: seriously why are all monsta x songs SOOOO LIT AND NICE😍

--

You heaved a sigh as you watched Hyungwon from afar. Your heart throbbed seeing his disheveled appearance and his dead mood. You tried to understand, he lost his mother three days ago and was still devastated by his mother's death. He definitely cherished her so much.

You sauntered to him with both your hands slipped into the pocket of your coat. Hyungwon definitely heard your footsteps but he didn't look at you. His eyes were glued onto his mother's grave.

"Hyungwon,"you called.

"Go,"demanded Hyungwon sternly.

You expected that reaction. Obviously, he was still not over his mother's death and he wanted to be alone. However, seeing how dead Hyungwon was concerned you so much. You riminisced what his mother said to you when Hyungwon introduced his girlfriend to his mother.

"I always want Hyungwon to be happy. If I'm not there to make him smile, I hope you can do that for me."

You refused to leave. You had to knock some sense into Hyungwon.

"I SAID GO!!"hollered Hyungwon, his head clicked up.

His eyes were red and swollen. It pricked your heart. You clenched your fist and took a deep breathe before blurting out.

"It has been three days, Hyungwon. Do you think your Mum would like it if you shower her grave with tears? Would she feel happy seeing you not going to work? Will your Mum be at peace if you think your life is not worth it anymore? Your Mum-"

"You don't know how it feels like to see your own mother's grave. She passed away on the day we went out on a date. If I hadn't went for it, I would still be able to see my Mum,"Hyungwon interrupted through gritted teeth.

No one knows when we're going to leave. It was true, you asked Hyungwon out but you didn't know that his Mum would leave him when the both of you were enjoying each other's company. It wasn't entirely your fault but you decided to give in.

"I deeply apologise for making you go out with me,"you said nonchalantly.

Hyungwon averted his gaze away from you.

"It's true. I don't know how it feels like to be losing a family member but, your Mum always wanted you to be happy. I hope you mark my words,"you said and ambled away from him. Your steps were heavy as you headed to the car where your butler was already opening the door for you.

"Ahjusshi, let's drink coffee."

Your butler furrowed his eyebrows as he started the engine. "Not alcohol?"

You shook your head as you looked out the window, seeing Hyungwon still kneeling down beside the tombstone. "Hyungwon should be more sober than I am. Let's go to the usual cafe."

Your butler nodded and drove away from the cemetry. You need to take care of Hyungwon. He wasn't like this. He wouldn't raise his voice at you and speak so rudely but if you gave up on him for his drastic change in attitude, who would be there for Hyungwon?

--

Your butler was your motivational speaker. Everything he says was relevant and mind-blown. You treated him like an uncle. You looked out the glass window with folded arms.

"Is wealth a good thing?"you asked.

Your butler sipped the warm coffee from his mug before responding. "It's good and bad. You get everything in a flash with wealth but it gives you temporary happiness."

You nodded your head as you listened to him. Hyungwon wasn't really well-off. His parents divorced and which resulted in financial issues. He could hardly find a job but when fate brought you to him, you decided to employ him. You were his boss.

"Then what is prolonged happiness?"you averted your gaze on your butler.

"Hyungwon."

You tilted your head hearing his answer which didn't take him any hesitation.

"He made you happy. I've seen the most happiest smile from you whenever you were with him. But this time round, its your turn to repay him,"he explained.

Your drank your iced americano while listening quietly to him. "I've been through Hyungwon's situation. It may look like he wanted to be alone but honestly, he wants to lean on someone. That's what I felt when I lost both my parents."

You processed his words. You didn't know if Hyungwon wanted you by his side during the time of his mother's death. You were simply a woman, who doesn't know how to comfort sad people. It just wasn't your thing.

"Be there for him. Like right now,"said your butler.

"Ahjusshi, you know I can't. I have a flight-"

"Is your job more important or Hyungwon?"he interrupted.

That question strucked your mind. You came all the way to the cemetry to see Hyungwon and you had to leave Korea for work. However, what you didn't realise was that Hyungwon was the prolonged happiness while your job was just a temporary one. You assumed Hyungwon wanted to be alone but deep down, he wanted you to be there for him. You looked up to your butler.

"Can you send me back to the cemetry?"

--

It was raining cats and dogs. Your eyes widened seeing Hyungwon still there at the cemetry. He was drenched from head to toe. You opened the umbrella as soon as you left the car. Holding the umbrella above your head, you sauntered to where he was one more time.

"You're supposed to be in Singapore,"scoffed Hyungwon.

He knew you had a flight.

You walked closer to him and positioned the umbrella above his head so both of you could get shelter. Hyungwon rose up from the ground and stared into your eyes. He was fatigued.

"I'm sorry, for leaving you."

To your astonishment, Hyungwon wrapped his arms around your waist. You were flabbergasted at first but sooner, you patted his back with your free hand. You heard Hyungwon sobbing and you knew he wanted you by his side.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. Please don't leave me,"sobbed Hyungwon.

You nodded your head and curved into a small smile. "I'll always be there for you."

--

A/N: i cant wait for Monsta X's comeback😍😍