55. If Only-Part 2 [I.M]

A/N: i fail maths again guyss. I mean its not a surprise so haha

--

The day was postcard perfect, even the buses were on time. At the same time, that day could be the difference to your life. His deep husky voice, his warm grasp which awakened the fluttering butterflies in your stomach and his small act of a gentleman. These attributes were enough to overwork your brain in searching for any sign that portrays Changkyun's feelings about you.

Just stepping out from the bus made your pulse raced. It's a relief that you were finally on good terms with him but the doubts and assumptions never failed to make your mind disheveled. You just didn't want to break his not yet healed heart.

With your heels clicking away, you sauntered and slide your fingers through your messy hair which was affected by the howling wind. As you tilted your head, your eyebrows furrowed as you saw a shadow beside you right on the pavement.

You clicked your head to the right, eyes widened when Changkyun walked beside you. You averted your gaze away in a flash, lips agape. 'Did he just approached me first?'you thought. In fact, you would always chase after Changkyun just to walk beside him to college in the morning but his response wasn't much. However, it was the opposite this time round.

You glanced back at him and noticed his earpiece was plugged into his ears as usual. You took out one and inserted into your right ear. Your heart burst when loud techno music was playing. You flashed a fake smile and slowly inserted it back to his ear.

"Great song,"you lied.

You thought he would stay focused on damaging his eardrums but instead, he paused the music on his phone and took off his earpiece, placing it back to the front small pocket of his bag. He handed over his phone to you and you looked at him astonishly.

"We're going out tomorrow so I will need to message you the address,"he simply said with his eyes glued at the front.

"O-oh."

You took his phone carefully and keyed in your number. Afterwards, you gave it back to Changkyun, allowing him to save your number. You didn't check your contact name because you refuse to invade his privacy. You're already on good terms with him so you would want to portray the best of your behaviour and respect. Your phone vibrated and you noticed the unknown number was Changkyun as his eyes were still fixated on his phone.

"Did you receive it?"

You nodded and decided to save his number later.

"Err Y/N,"you heard him call.

You hummed in response and cocked a brow at him. "D-don't wear a s-skirt tomorrow,"he stammered.

You blinked your eyes and chuckled. You have been wearing skirts and dresses and you didn't even remember when you last wore a pair of jeans or trousers. You chose to accept Changkyun's view. You wanted him to feel comfortable atleast. "Alright,"you beamed a small smile. Truth be told, you were quiet worried because it has been long since you wore jeans so your fashion sense for a suitable top to pair up with jeans was rusty. 'I don't know if I still have one in my closet,'you thought.

The both of you were so intrigued with each other that you didn't realise that you were already in the hallway and that's where the both of you had to split up. You turned to Changkyun and looked up at him, fiddling with your fingers. "I'll see you tomorrow then,"you said.

Changkyun nodded. "You can go first."

"No no no. You should go first,"you waved your hands in denial.