103. See You Again- Part 2 [Kihyun]

a/n: hi guys! i actually published a new chapter for some of my other books. because im multifandom, i do not only create books related to monsta x but i also published a jaegi fanfic starring red velvet seulgi and got7 jb and a bts jungkook fanfic. do check them out :)

--

Time had begun to dissolve into itself, as shapeless as the rain. Moments from adolescence were recalled as you laid down onto your bed. The separation during summer was savoured, a time when Kihyun graduated and pursued his passion in architecture. Time would slow to a trickle and those sunny weeks were an age.

"I'm meeting Johnny. Do you want me to get anything?"

Yeeun pushed her foot against the leg of her white study table, spinning back on her swivel chair and bumping onto your bed frame. Weeks had passed and Kihyun was yet to acknowledge your feelings. It seemed like the ties of friendship was cut off as the both of you avoided each other. It was true you mentioned before that a response wasn't necessary but being a fool for Kihyun, worries of the future flooded your mind. A heavy sigh escaped your lips, giving Yeeun an indirect response.

She nodded curtly with her scarlet red lips pressed together, forming a thin line. Before rising up on her feet, she patted on your leg; a form of assurement and comfort. "Don't just watch time dissolve like a mirage across a desert, ms lawyer. "

You watched as Yeeun wore her chunky black ankle boots before turning the doorknob of the door. The embrace on your pillow tightened as you turned to the side, facing the pastel pink wall. 'It would be nice if we can remain as friends,'you thought which might seem plausible unless someone was courageous enough to take the initiative. Johnny as the messenger, he informed Yeeun that Kihyun would be flying to New York in a weeks time. You pondered if you could ever meet him before he leaves for 3 years.

A pile of thick books sit on the edge of your study table, its loneliness screaming for covers and pages to be touched, flipped, and read. You have yet to open them up for writing additional information in your notebook, letting the sources of knowledge gain dust. You groaned and pushed yourself up from bed wearily, staring into place for a moment before deciding to get work done.

You flopped onto the swivel chair, adding weight on your feet to pull yourself forward. Your eyes glanced over to your phone, tapping the button for any messages or calls you missed since you would always put your phone on vibrate. As you scrolled down unwanted notifications through your email account, your forefinger paused on the screen when Kihyun's name popped out.

You shut and bulged open your eyes wide several times, the sight of his name seemed very surreal. With a facial expression and body ridged as a board, you pressed onto the notification, the screen sliding up to reveal a message. Your bowels suddenly churned, acting up as you read the text.

kihyun 🐹:

meet me outside your dorm at 8pm

i have to bring you somewhere

Instantly, you looked up to the hanging clock on the wall, the hour hand arrowing at 6. A soft panic grew inside you as the message you read didn't seem to seep into your brain well because it was inconceivable; heart throbbed against your chest, face slammed with a sheet of unanswered questions, and mind full on freak-out mode. You whipped your face to the vanity silver mirror, cupping your gaunt cheeks. You looked haggard.

Leaping from your chair, you sauntered to the closet and scanned through the clothing you would be wearing. It wasn't a date or maybe you assumed it was but you had to look presentable for Kihyun after avoiding him for the past weeks. Your fingers lingered on every hanger, choosing something simple and warm for the night. Moreover, you had no idea where Kihyun would bring you so to be safe, a casual outfit was a good choice. In the end, you picked a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, white jeans and a pair of high top sneakers. Atleast, your outfit was wisely chosen according to the suitability as compared to Yeeun who wore an off-shoulder top during the moving day. It was still vivid in your memory.