72. All In [Wonho]

A/N: thank u so much chanlix_dimples for requesting again :) as usual, its gonna be long haha but i hope u will like it :)

--

The arithmetic beat of the bass wrapped you in so much warmth. It flooded through your blood, almost changing your heartbeat. The music seperated you from the normality of the world. You hummed gently to the soft melody but it wasn't for long.

You scrutinized your classmate, Wonho, whom was just across the street. Your gaze hardened as you noticed the same company that was always with Wonho when he went to school. Surrounding him, they evoked a dangerous feeling as they were all muscular, tall and charismatic. You have always seen them and you couldn't help the fact that just a mere tattoo on them already portrayed such an image. 'Are they a gang? Is Wonho a part of them?'you thought.

Truth be told, you did talk to Wonho several times but it was always related to school matters. He was just an acquaintance. You shrugged and let the music take over your mind as you walked to school.

--

"Hey, don't forget that we're hanging out tomorrow!"your close friend, Naeun, waved her hands hysterically and rushed to the door because she was already late for her badminton training.

"Yea yea!"you nodded your head and walked over to the school gate.

As you stepped out, a notification popped up in your phone as you heard a tweeting sound. Your arms reached out for the front compartment of your bag and unzipped it. You switched on your phone and received a message from your mother, informing you to drop by the supermarket to buy eggs. You groaned, knowing that the nearest supermarket to your house was actually located at the very end of the road. It was a walking distance but you being you, you're just lazy.

You heaved a sigh and spun on your heels, heading over to the opposite direction. As you were halfway near the supermarket, you heard clanking of iron bars, wincing of torments and fumbling of footsteps. Your eyes and ears perked up as you inched discreetly to the alley where you heard noises from.

As you reached in deeper, you gasped loudly when you saw several men with tattoos which were different from the ones you've seen on Wonho's clique. They landed a kick, punch and hit Wonho with their iron bars. "Wonho!"you exclaimed, grasping the attention of the others. They threw the iron bars away in an instant and grabbed each other, sprinting away from there.

You rushed and knelt down to the bloody mess on the floor that had been his adversary. Bloody spit drooled from Wonho's jaw, purple patches bloomed on his face and arms and his clothes were in utter mess with splotches of blood. He tried to speak, his cracked red lips failing at the first syllable.

You took out your phone to dial for an ambulance but halted when Wonho held your hand fatiguely. You shot your head up, heart beating extremely fast. You were never put in this kind of situation before. "Don't call them,"he mumbled but it was rather audible for you.

"But you're-"

"Please..."he begged.

You bit your lower lip and immediately grabbed his arms when you saw him wanting to stand up. However, his eyelids drooped heavily and he staggered. You grew even more restless because he might faint at any moment. You didn't know why he refused to go to the hospital. Realising how persistent he was, you had no choice but to bring him back to your home.