60. Fighter-Part 2 [Jooheon]

A/N: pls read fighter part 1 if u have forgotten:)

--

"If you're here to seek for the truth, I'll allow you to. You're a fighter, what are you afraid of?"

The more you mulled it over, the more your brain became a spinning top, always seeking for questions rather than answers. Running away would never be the option because you have already stepped foot in your enemy's territory. However, how could the Lieutenant General be so indulgent to allow a Deokhei Princess stay? What exactly is his motive?

After ten long minutes you stayed in the guest room, you pushed yourself up from the wooden floor and scrutinized yourself. There wasn't a single mirror nor were there feminine clothing and robes for a princess. The struggle you had to put up without any maidens or servants was a brand new experience. 'Have I been too dependent?'you thought. You heaved a sigh, despising over the untidy uniform.

The day before, you indeed wore a cream brown robe but General Lee came with a green shabby clothing which a general would wear under his armour, mentioning that the palace never had female guests. To preserve your dignity as a royal princess, you had to atleast wear a fresh new clothes.

You ambled out of your room, exploring the palace without General Lee's guidance this time. He had toured you around and indeed, the place was dull. It was like a venue to prepare for a battlefield. Several guards roamed the palace with such scrutinity as soon as they noticed your presence.

You simply looked away, biting your lower lip. 'Why did I fight with the Lieutenant General?'you thought. However, you were able to escape from the royal intermarriage. You quickened your pace and halted by the four hectares of spring grass, the archery area.

Several archery targets, crafted bows of slender yew wood and arrows with feathers cut in flawless uniform lines were set up. No one was there. You chose a bow, string it and sling the matching quiver of arrows over your shoulder. You narrowed your eyes on the target. As you released, the arrow missed the middle red target by a few inches.

"Not bad. Who taught you?"

You clicked your head to the left. General Lee sauntered closer to you and you felt your body getting tense.

"A companion,"you simply responded.

He halted just a few inches beside you, creating such mysterious emotion which you have never felt before due to such close proximity.

To your astonishment, he seized the straps of your uniform at your waist and pulled your petite body towards him. Your eyes widened like an owl and your body froze. Each time General Lee pulled and tied the straps tighter, he would pull your body unconsciously. You gulped and averted your gaze away with red flushed cheeks. He corrected the way you dressed.

"This is how you wear it,"he spoke.

You craned your head down and noticed how organize you looked. It wasn't as shabby and loose as before. As you shot your head up, your eyes landed onto his lips. You gasped and pushed him away, putting back the bow. You suddenly felt awkward as you attempted to hide your rosey cheeks behind your skinny fingers.

"You're indeed a woman after all,"General Lee chuckled.

You bit your lower lip and remained silent, regaining your composure. "The Black Dragon wants to meet you tonight,"he added.

You turned to him with lips parted abit. "R-really?!"you stammered.

General Lee squinted his eyes on you and folded his arms. "Don't you think you sound too excited, Princess?"he tilted his head. You heaved a sigh of relief.