108. Beside U [Hyungwon]

a/n: i almost cried after seeing monsta x's comeback. i miss them so much. mind you, this chapter is long.

--

"You got the good stuff?"

The left side of his faint thick lip tugged upwards, creating a slight smirk. Hyungwon's face was readable, hence the corner of your mouth twitched because he had your small delight. Your eyes twinkled as you watched his every move. He digged inside his bag and you caught a glimpse of a brown paper bag. You straightened your back and clasped your hands together, already biting your lower lip. A small chuckle escaped his lips as he finally took out the paper bag and put it on his table.

"Yay!!"you shrieked.

"Just once every two weeks. You promised me or else no more handmade cookies from Eomma. She's going to find out her cookies went missing again,"Hyungwon sighed. "Why can't you just buy it?"

The delectable aroma pervaded the air as you shuffled the paper bag to the top, the chocolate chip cookie revealing itself in half. You inhaled the gorgeous scent and took the first bite, a sweet flavour flooded your mouth and your senses basked in its luscious taste. "Don't you remember? Your mum kicked me out of the cookie shop,"your eyes were simply glued on the soft cracked surface.

"That's because you didn't have any conscience. Eomma brought you in and offered free cookies but you took 10 of them almost everyday."

A frown curved down onto your lips. "They were all different flavours, okay? I don't have much money to buy 10 cookies either." You paused and licked the chocolate leftovers stained onto your lips and placed a small carton of banana milk on Hyungwon's table. "Here. Atleast you get something in return for helping me."

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he grabbed the carton, opened the cap and gulped the milk down. Afterwards, he nudged his spectacles up a little higher on his nose bridge. He rested his chin onto his palm and the corner of his lips curved upwards as he watched you savour the baked cookie.

Who would have thought that the both of you would click so well? Everyone in the class knew how intelligent and respectful he was

Who would have thought that the both of you would click so well? Everyone in the class knew how intelligent and respectful he was. Hyungwon is the perfect epitome of a role model student; from straight A's, a modest personality and considerate to everyone he knows. One thing he lacked was the fun of life and hence, your presence was the puzzle that pieced the both of you together. In contrast, you were athletic and outspoken but in academic wise, no.

Hyungwon glanced over to the door and noticed your homeroom teacher had arrived. "Mr Yang is here,"he whispered. Your eyes widened as you shoved the last bite into your mouth before turning back to the front. His eyes turned into crescents because you were unbelievable yet adorable.