106. Horizon [I.M]

a/n: just a few more chapters before i end this book :)

--

Beautiful birds joyfully flew around in circles in the air, shells were washed into the shore by the rippling of blue water and the languid flowing of the tide dribbled the waves carelessly onto the golden sand. The gurgling and the gushing of the waves brought you back to the world of serenity. You stood transfixed, speechless of the vision unfolding in your eyes followed by the soft breeze gently stroking your hair.

For the calmness of sweet peaceful days ahead would be plain sailing because your profession as an idol was a nemesis. Fame, wealth, love from fans, the generation of introducing versatility of music and concepts are definitely the flower path paved for idols but being arrowed for one small mistake, everything exploded from criticisms, unfair judgements and hatred. In short, a life with no freedom.

Golden sand ran between your toes with the gentle breeze as you walked along, your flip flops hanging and swaying from your curled fingers. The smell of salty sea rushed through your nose as you breathed in fresh air. A wide thick board thruster pivoted in the sand with its three fins. It was eight-foot-four tall, a pretty long length to catch the big waves. It has been awhile since you last seen a surfboard although your parents owned the resort. Perhaps you might be running a family resort business if you didn't recognise your passion in singing and dancing.

"Woahhh...I've never seen a big surfboard in such a long time,"you scanned it from head to toe.

A head jutted out from the board. Salty drops dripped down his hair softly, slowly made their way to his swimsuit which accentuated his lean yet toned body. Your gaze halted on his face; an extremely familiar face whom you had seen in award and music shows.

"I.M sunbaenim,"your eyes bulged open and lips parted.

He blinked and tilted his head, his prominent jaw curved gracefully and naturally. It was astonishing that you would meet a senior idol not in Korea and furthermore, at a beach resort which your parents owned. He was pretty intimidating, as you assumed because aren't all rappers charismatic? The narrowed gaze in his eyes softened after figuring out who you were.

"Ahhh...you're Y/N from Divine, Big Hit Entertainment."

His tone was as deep as the sun at midnight, very rich and silky. The low rumbles were powerful enough to send shivers down your spine. You folded your body into half, bowing to him with utmost respect. Changkyun bowed as well. "I've seen you around in music and award shows. You're here for vacation?"he added.

"We just finished our debut promotions so we have break now,"you nodded.

His eyebrows creased. "You're not meeting your family?"he asked.

Normally after performing for all debut stages and promoting the group, the company would give a well-deserved break for singers to enjoy themselves and rest. Usually, they would spend time with their family and the foreigners would fly back to their home country, engulfing their loved ones in open arms.

"My parents own this resort,"you rubbed your nape sheepishly.

He doesn't know how many surprises you presented to him to the extent that his eyes were bulging wide open several times. With a thumb jutted out towards the resort; the venue he lived in for a short while, he shrieked. "T-this resort?"his deep tone got higher.

A chuckle escaped your lips because I.M was flabbergasted. He probably wasn't expecting that a daughter of a family which run a resort business was a newly debuted singer under Big Hit Entertainment. When news broke out that the company had future plans on debuting a girl group after so many years, everyone was chaotic. The social media exploded with comments, judgements and doubts. Hence, your group was in the spotlight even before debut because of how curious people were which resorted to fame even after seeing how promising and talented your members were.