109. Flow [Wonho]

a/n: this is my fav side track from the fantasia x album. i really like the meaning of the song and how the members sing it. its like you can really feel their struggles and emotions. fyi, long chapter ahead :)

--

Stepping inside the bedroom was like entering a perfect interior magazine. It was dimly lit with the vintage wall sconces that hung on the mute coloured walls like earrings. A white velvet fainting couch stood in front a mist grey rug, floor tiles were polished wooden, white linen curtains by the long windows were untouched by hands and devoid of dust, and a modern queen sized bed leaned against the wall with a thick and soft grey comforter neatly tucked.

That wasn't the end of the tour. A wall with no doors led to a dressing room. The whole bedroom was monochrome, modern and minimalist. It suited the owner, a CEO of his own company.

"The bathroom is at the back,"Wonho jutted his thumb to the back and positioned your luggage beside the couch.

You glanced back and forth the couch and his bed. "I can sleep on the couch,"you suggested.

Wonho hummed in response. You sauntered over to your suitcase and noticed the picture frames aligned in straight row on different levels of his Nordic wall wrought iron shelf. They were all captured memories of his first love, Kim Bona. Instantly, you looked down onto your stomach. You got pregnant with Wonho's child. It was all an accident. 

The both of you encountered each other at a club, heartbroken by one-sided love. On that day, you found out your boyfriend's real occupation and true attitude. He, Baek Zuho, wasn't an office person like you from what he mentioned but rather a happy-go-lucky guy who is a club DJ, smooching off women far off glamorous than you are. You were just a simple introverted woman. 

Wonho on the other hand, with wealth and reputation lying in his hands, was given false hope by Bona. She did have feelings for him and gave Wonho plenty of chances to court her but realised pursuing her dream was her first priority. Her goals outweighed her decision in finding a partner. 

Wonho and you were never fond of drinking but he chose to let his guard down because his heart was shattered by the thought of being put second and you felt dumb like a loser, pitying yourself for loving someone whom never had any reciprocal connection with you. The power of alcohol intoxicated the both of you, the primitive brain in charge and the flood of endorphins urged continuously. You and Wonho, the pair of heartbroken souls were swept away in the moment of each other's intimacy.

Although both were at fault, Wonho decided to take responsibility because the child was not from bad and lusted intentions and you didn't wish to seek abortion. It was meant to be found out sooner or later and Wonho's mother made the first discovery. Wonho and you were forced to lie to not disappoint both parents, mentioning love was fostered and it escalated fast. Hence, a marriage was announced and the in-laws relationship was knotted together.

"I didn't expect Eomma to like you a lot but although you're living with my family now, our divorce agreement is still in tact. We just need to pretend that we're affectionate and get divorced after the baby is delivered."

You had long lost feelings for Zuho since he wasn't worth your precious heart but you figured that Wonho was still waiting for Bona, assuming that the picture frames were evidences that he could not let go of the memories. There was no point in continuing a marriage when the sake of it was just to solve a problem.

However, your feelings for Wonho developed step by step because he was a whole better man than Zuho but at times, you would get tangled up because your trust was flailing. It was mainly influenced by your heartbreak, hence you didn't wish to be broken twice. As a young mother, you felt that the baby would be in better hands of Wonho and his family as their family background, occupation, disciples and living conditions was a whole new level from your simple life.