77. Boyfriend [Kihyun]

A/N: this is rather a short update

--

That man was the smile to perhaps the female students, mostly. Everything about him was soft and understated joy as he greeted his colleagues, students and staff. He was regard as handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice but sometimes, the politeness he wore could be at an disadvantage.

"Aigoo, Mr Yoo. Seeing you happy everyday makes me wonder if you're doing well with your class,"the discipline master, Mr Jung, drank his warm coffee after mentioning that.

Mr Yoo rubbed his nape sheepishly without answering. Truth be told, Mr Yoo's class had most of the troublemakers. Class T5 were always Mr Jung's target when it comes to misconduct; dyed hair, pierced ears for males and climbing over the wall. However, he was an incredible teacher who taught his students Physics so effectively to the extent they had good grades in that subject over a short period of time.

You averted your eyes away from him and sorted out the forms to be given to your class. You were Class T3's homeroom teacher so you were mostly in charge of logistics and your class' management matters. Besides that, you teach Chemistry to certain classes. Once organised, you rose up from your armchair and sauntered out of the office.

Footsteps were heard from behind and that was when you noticed Mr Yoo rushing to your right. You kept your mouth sealed with the usual poker face you were known for. "Ms Y/N!,"he called.

You didn't look nor answer him. "Are you coming to Mr Cha's housewarming party?"he asked.

"No."

"Why?"he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I have plans."

"What plans?"

You bowed slightly at a student who passed by. "I have a date,"you lied. Truth be told, you were free after school and nor did you have a boyfriend. Mingling with your colleagues was something you weren't comfortable with and nor would you agree to such occasions because you felt that you barely had time for yourself. You would rather spend it on food.

"You have a boyfriend?!"Mr Yoo was rather flabbergasted. 'My boyfriend is food,'you thought. It was expected of that reaction because how could a beguiling and fervent teacher like you get the time to find a man?

"Please excuse me,"you bowed your head and sauntered ahead.

--

The convenience store was wedged between two taller buildings, as if the neighbours were closing in. Stepping into the store was like your personal walk-in refrigerator but you were used to it. You flashed a prim smile at the familiar male staff working at the counter. That place was like heaven because there's abundance of delectable and cheap junk food to choose from so you went there multiple times.

You paid for a cup of ramen, kimchi triangle kimbap, sausage and banana milk. Once done, you poured boiled water in the ramen cup and sat at a vacant table, facing the view of the streets. While waiting for the ramen to cook, you peeled the sausage and took a bite. 'That hit the spot,'you thought as a smile crept across your lips.

After the sausage, you ate the kimbap. The lunch you had was plentiful but after teaching the students and tolerating issues at school, your appetite grew even more.

"Ms Y/N?"

You froze and your eyes widened when someone addressed you as a teacher. You blinked and craned your head up to him, even forgetting to chew the kimbap you had in your mouth. He tilted his head with lips parted abit. Out of all the people in this world, why did Mr Yoo have to appear? He scrutinized the food on the table, rather astonished by the amount. However, his eyes scanned the convenience store afterwards when he realised you were alone.

"Where is your boyfriend?"asked Mr Yoo.

You chewed onto your food slowly, letting his question leak into your brain. The soft panic could grow depending on what you would do next. You gulped down the rice forcefully and thought of an excuse.

"He left."

Despite that, he didn't seem to believe. "Then shouldn't he send you home?"he cocked a brow.

"He...need to rush to....work."

You slapped yourself internally for having to create lies. Mr Yoo sat on the vacant chair beside you and pointed his index finger at your food.

"You're eating all that?"he asked.

You looked over to your food and bit your lower lip, rather embarrassed because a female teacher is consuming such an unhealthy meal. Nonetheless, you still nodded your head. 'Why is he here? Didn't he go to Mr Cha's housewarming party?'you thought. Mr Yoo stared at you and out of the blue, he chuckled.

"You don't have a boyfriend, don't you?"he rested his cheek on his palm.

"I do,"you snapped your head at him.

"Really? Is he a nice person?"asked Mr Yoo.

"Yes he is."

"Is he handsome?"

"Definitely."

"Is he tall?"

"He's 183."

"Is he tasty?"

"Yes he-"

You bit your lower lip and averted your eyes away from him, realising the lie slipped out from your lips. Mr Yoo chuckled once more and smiled.

"I caught you now."

--

A/N: tysm for the 93k views guys omg i love u so much ❤