Written in Sand (Shy! Tord X Shy! Reader) *FLUFF*

(Y/N)'s POV

  I sat at the edge of the water on the beach and looked out over the sea. The water was gentle and sweet, not a wave in sight. The only thing I could see was the cool water, the indigo sky, the blinking stars, and him - Tord. He was splashing in the water with Edd, Tom, and Matt. After a boring day, Edd suggested a night at the beach, and everyone agreed. While the boys played in the water, I decided to watch the gentle scenery on shore. I have had a crush on Tord since we met a couple years ago, but I never had the guts to tell him. So, I just kept my thoughts to myself.

  While I tilted my chin towards the sky, I heard splashing approach me. I looked back at the water to see Tord looming over me. I blushed heavily as he smiled. He sat next to me, and the water swirled by his ankles, all the while being mute. This made the serine quiet of the night more lovely. I looked over to him, and noticed something off about the lovable Norwegian. He was awfully quiet and wasn't looking at me.

  "Tord, are you okay?" I asked, slaying the impending silence. Tord turned to me, and my eyes were instantly met with an ideal expression; alert eyes, a kind and gentle smile, and a bright red face. Tord was blushing. My own cheeks turned the color of his distinct hoodie. Tord rubbed the back of his neck, and smiled awkwardly. His adorable demeanor made me impatient.

  "Y-yeah, I'm fine," he quickly stuttered. I tilted my head, but Tord turned away once more. So, I went back to the still water. Nothing was more peaceful, but my heart yearned for Tord to confide in me. So, when I felt him tap my shoulder, I quickly spun to meet him. He was smiling lightly as he pointed at the spot beside him. I looked down and saw writing.

  Before I could properly read the words, the water swept them away, causing Tord to grunt unhappily. I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled at him. He didn't look up, but just gently sweep away my hand and get up. I sadly watched him leave, and felt my heart ache as I watched the waves for the third time. Half an hour passes, and nothing new happened. Edd, Tom, and Matt were still in the water, and Tord was collecting shells and rocks.

  I looked out onto the waves, until I felt my shoulder being prodded once more. I turn to see Tord, and blinked at him. He smiled warmly as he pointed to the sand farther up shore. I looked up and saw the shells and rocks he collected spelling out words. I got up and we walked side-by-side to the arranged ornaments.

  Once I looked down, I gasped and blushed heavily. Tears filled my eyes and dripped to the corners of my grin. I looked up at Tord and hugged him tightly. I felt him hug back as I looked back down at the writing. It filled my heart with glee as I read it again.

  'I love you'

  I looked up at Tord, and saw him smiling at me. No silence was broken for what seemed like a lifetime, but only a minute passed. I leaned forward until Tord's nose touched mine, increasing the blood flow to our cheeks. I smiled as I kissed him softly, causing him to stiffen in surprise. Yet, he kissed back quickly enough. From behind them, they heard Edd call for them to come back, only for Tom to tell him off. I can still remember his words.

  "They're happier like that," he said. It filled my heart with joy to have Tom's unspoken blessing. The water remained calm as Edd and Tom returned to their water games with Matt. Everything was at peace, but by now, I had my fill of peace. I looked up at Tord and smiled. He smiled back as I leaned over and whispered in his ear.

  "I love you, too,"