Wishes of a Wizard (Slytherin! Tom X Hufflepuff! Reader)

(Gender neutral. Because where are my fellow Hufflepuffs?)

Tom's POV

  "Seriously!? A Hufflepuff? That house is for duffers, ya know!" Tord scolded me. I just told him that I fell in love with a Hufflepuff student. What does he know? They were smart, kind, loyal, and very attractive. I just wish I could make his cold, stone heart understand what they meant to me.

  "Hufflepuffs aren't duffers, Tord. They're loyal, hardworking, patient, and dedicated. Anyone would be lucky to be a Hufflepuff," I growl. I look ahead to the dining hall. The tables were covered in food for dinner. Along the Hufflepuff table sat a student with luscious, (h/l), (h/c) hair and gorgeous (e/c) eyes.

  I sigh with a love struck look. Tord nudges me and hisses in my ear. It was a perfect representation of our house's reputation. The tone in his voice was cold and harmful to me attitude. His cold, silver eyes made me shiver slightly. This was definitely a Slytherin that was shoving his opinion down my throat.

  "Them!? Are you crazy? They are absolutely terrible at (least favorite class). You should know better! At least pick someone who is good at their classes!" his accent added to the venom dripping from his lips. I'll give him a taste of his own poison.

  "I could say the same thing about your 'Slytherin Sweetheart'. Why disregard my love for their misfortune in (least favorite class) and completely ignore her idiocy in History of Magic!" I spat. His gasp nearly deafened me. He sounded horrified to hear that I would dare insult his girlfriend. He only chose her because she was pretty and a pure-blood.

  "Because History of Magic is boring!" he cries in defense.

(Y/N)'s POV

  I look over at the two Slytherin boys. Thomas belonged to a pure blood father - from the Thompson family - and muggle mother. His friend is Tord Larsin, a pure blood through and through. Though, I'll admit, Thomas is more attractive. He was kind to everyone and a great leader. He was always so sweet to me. I found myself blushing at the mere thought of the Slytherin boy.

  I look away quickly when Tord catches me staring. I didn't see him sneer. Tom's deep voice cut into my ears as soon as he spoke. It was almost like hearing a howler. Except this time, it caught my attention because his voice was so soft and gentle, yet deep and strong.

  "Tord, you can't just be biased. Hufflepuffs are amazing people. It doesn't matter if I fall in love with one. Besides, isn't their (h/c) hair amazing? How do they get it so soft, I could just pet them forever," he purrs. I imagined him talking about me. It made me smile.

(Time Skip)

  I was in Potions class with Thomas and other Slytherins, as well as Hufflepuffs. Me and Tom weren't too far apart. We often shared notes within class. Today, my heart was too explosive to write anything to him. So,  after class, he came up to me at the door. He was taller than me and his handsome, black eyes dropped me into a trance.

  "(Y/N), why didn't you write to me today?" he asked worriedly.

  "I-I...." I stammer. He looked into my eyes and smiled. He kissed my forehead and pet my hair. My face turns bright red as he turns to walk away. He face was a confident smirk. His natural Slytherin swagger shone through. It made me realise how much I loved him.

  "I love you, too,"