Awakened Again (Matt X Male! Abused! Reader)

(Requested by lazybrother )

(Y/N)'s POV

Pain is all I felt, and it was endless. I have lived with Eduardo and his gang for a few years, but they have been hell. Within my first year there, I constantly got teased by my crush - Eduardo. But, then I finally told him, and he ridiculed me. He laughed and abused me. I was his torture toy, and it was painfully emptying.

It was a cold December morning, and it was too cold to go outside. Yet, the driveway needed to be shoveled and cleared. As I was about to ask who could do it, Eduardo spat in disgust at me. My feelings for him have shattered a long time ago, but his abuse never ended. Eduardo stood intimidatingly over me.

"You will go outside and clear the driveway, now. If I see a fleck of snow, you'll have a punishment like no other," he growled. I gulped and nodded, and dashed for the door. Eduardo's threats got worse each year... The snow was showering down and surrounding me, singling me out as a (f/c) speck in the snow. The soft glow of the sun was too weak to melt any of the ice beneath my boots. I stared across the driveway and realized it wasn't going to be as hard as imagined.

  I started shoveling the driveway as the snow cleared. Small towers of white started melting at the edges of the drive as the sun rose higher and heated the chilled earth. As soon as the shovel dropped the last loud of frozen precipitation, I sighed and looked over my work. I grinned proudly to myself. It checked my phone, and noticed it was only an hour after I started. I started heading inside before a fuming Eduardo halted me.

  "Eduardo, I'm do-,"

  "What about the sidewalk, genius," he hissed angrily. I turned to see a tundra of a sidewalk. I scratched the back of my neck, trying to find an excuse. But, my efforts failed when Eduardo - who was taller than me - rose above my height. His gray eyes burned with anger.

  "No excuse can save you. That's it. You're out!"

  "Wh-what!?"

  "I'm kicking you out!"

  I staggered back as he stormed inside. I waited in the cold, afraid of what Eduardo would do to me if I stepped inside. Eduardo came back out about another hour later. He held a worn down suitcase. It has been mine ever since Eduardo got a new one. He made sure to leave it in bad shape.

  "It has all your clothes and crap. Now, get off my property," he growled. I nodded as I took the suitcase and ran. I ran into the cold, snowy afternoon. Eduardo may no longer terrorize me, but he will always haunt my nightmares. I got to the main street, walking slowly. My skin crawled with cold before I collapsed. I heard a gasp, and then suddenly, darkness.

  The warmth welcomed me, but light was the last thing I wanted. I didn't want to wake up. I wanted the depth of the darkness to swamp me and embrace me. I wanted it, but it didn't accept me into it's chilling comfort as my (e/c) eyes took in the scene of yellow walls, a red couch, and the static of a Sony TV. I sat up and saw a cozy, quaint home. There was chatter from within the house. They were close by.

  "He's waking up!" a cheery, British accent exclaimed.

  "Oh, thanks, we didn't know that," said an overly sarcastic voice, it's origins undistinguishable between British or American.

  "How rude, Tom!" said a high-pitched Brit. He was the was the easiest to tell he was British.

  I looked around and my eyes landed on three men; a short brunette with no eyes and a blue hoodie, another brunette with a green hoodie and can if cola, and lastly, a tall ginger with freckles and a purple hoodie covered by a ravishing green overcoat.

  "Hello, stranger," the no-eyed blue said in his undistinguishable accent. That must be Tom, I thought privately. The green one smiled at me. His pinkie finger was held out as he held his can. A true Brit.

  "How are you feeling?" he asked calmly. I smiled and shrugged.

  "Uh... not dead?"

  "Good enough!" the ginger cheered. I chuckled as I got to inspect him closer. His blue-green eyes twinkled playfully as a boyish grin plastered his sharp, squared features. His blue jeans were in excellent condition besides some cookie crumbs. His kind and sweet demeanour made me grin.

  "Hey, you awake?" Tom asked, snapping his fingers sharply in front of my face. I blinked heavily until I smiled awkwardly. I noticed that everyone was staring. Great, these complete strangers now think I'm crazy. Eduardo would get a kick out of this.

  "I-I wasn't listening..." I muttered. Tom sighed and appeared to roll his eyes. Though, I couldn't be sure. The ginger just smiled and chuckled. I blushed slightly.

  "Don't worry! I don't either. You'll fit in!" he grinned. I smiled up at him just as the man in the green hoodie stepped up.

  "So, my name is Edd. The man in blue is Tom," Tom raised his hand lazily in acknowledgement, "and this is Matt," he pointed to the ginger.

  "So, what's your name?"

  "(Y/N)," I answered. I expected them to act in recognition. Yet, they stared once more. Their expressions were shocked. I was about to ask why, but they cut me off. Edd stepped forward and started off awkwardly; uncharacteristic, from what I've seen.

   "Um... (Y-Y/N), as in.... Eduardo's (Y/N)?" he asked. I stared at him in fear. They know Eduardo. I hesitated, not wanting them to turn me over. But, I nodded slowly. Tom sighed and Matt gasped. Edd shook his head.

  "Poor thing. We know what Eduardo would put you through. You don't deserve it," Edd grunted. My expression and mood lightened. Matt smiled at me. His soft hands shook my hand.

  "Well, aren't you lucky! We don't like Eduardo, either! He's been our neighbor for years, but we don't interact a lot," Matt chattered. His voice was welcoming to my ears. It was a world off from Eduardo's brutal Brooklyn accent. I smiled and chuckled, causing Matt to grin. He smirked triumphantly at Edd and Tom.

  "See? I cheered (Y/N) up!" he prided in himself. I smiled and watched him in a daze. This man might just be claiming my heart. Yet, what if he rejects me? Or laughs at me, like Eduardo? I have all the reason to not want to tell him. But, someday, I will.

(3 years later)

  3 years can either wear down a love, or build it up. For me, my feelings for Matt grew with each perfect step he took, brilliant word he said, and radiating smile he made. I was falling head-over-heels for this man. Though, my poor, gay heart was clearly afraid of getting hurt again. But, despite fear, today was the day.

  "Matt, I need to tell you something," I bravely exclaimed from my room. Ever since the boys took me in, I was shy and usually hid in my room. Edd understood, and left me alone. Tom ignored it and would talk to me. Matt, on the other hand, was almost always with me. Matt was already outside my room, smiling awkwardly.

  "I do, too. But, you go first,"

  "I... uh.... I....."

  "Take your time," Matt reassured me kindly. I smiled as I blushed. 3 years is enough time for me. I leaned in and kissed him. Matt's face lit up in reds and pinks.

  "I love you," I stated quickly before he could protest. Though, he smiled and hugged me. His arms were comforting and warm. I felt safe in his embrace as he whispered in my ear. It made my heart drown in joy and excitement.

  "I love you, too, (Y/N),"