Party of Our Livesss (Slytherin! Tom X Slytherin! Reader)

(Gender neutral. Personally, even though I am a Hufflepuff, I love snakes. And my sister is a Slytherin. So, to celebrate all of the proud, resourceful Slytherins, I wrote this.)

(Y/E/N) = Your enemy's name
(l/f/c) = Least favorite color

(Y/N)'s POV

  "Slytherin!"

  The sorting hat's roar changed my life forever. For better or worse. I prefer to think it was for the better. As soon as I sat upon the Slytherin table, cheering ensued. A boy with fluffy brown hair, round black eyes, and a sweet smile greeted me. He was only a year ahead of me, and yet I felt connected to him.

  "Hi, I'm Thomas,"

(Time Skip)

  Smoke clouded my vision as the Hogwarts Express left me beside Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for my sixth year. Beside me was my best friend and crush, Thomas Thompson. He was quite kind and intelligent in comparison to other Slytherins(coughcoughcrabbecoughandcoughgoylecoughcough). Besides, he was also handsome, funny, and brave. Although, it was saddening to hear that other girls liked him.

  "Look at Tom,"

  "He gets more mysterious every year,"

  "This one is his last. 7th year, right?"

  "Yeah. Sad to hear. Though, I would love to be the witch he marries after school,"

  "Yeah right, Miss 4th-Year-Ravenclaw,"

  Their gossip annoyed Tom as he crossed their paths. Ignoring the swooning teens, he swerved towards the dungeons. I follow like a lost puppy. The taller, more masculine figure intimidated the Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors. Before we enter the common room, he turns to me. Tom's face was warm and sweet.

  "(Y/N), you know that you're my best friend, right?" he asks. I nod, my heart dropping at 'best friend'. My heart ached for his love and commitment. So when he uttered his next words, I soared in imagination. Of course, it was too good to be true.

  "So, my family is having a grand ball to celebrate my 18th birthday, and I need a date," he started.

  "Yeah?"

  "Can you help me ask out (Y/E/N)?"

  My heart sunk. It seemed as if he cast the crutiatus curse at my heart. Agony writhed within my soul as tears pin pricked my eyes. Thomas's face went from hopeful to guilty. Soft hands caressed my cheek, and I melted into his grasp.

  "(Y/N), would you rather I don't take (Y/E/N)...-?"

  "No, no, it's fine. It'll make you happy, Tom," I whimper. Tom narrowed his eyes and held my face closer to his. Care and calm affection bore into my (e/c) eyes. I softly whimper from his strength, making him blush. He releases me and sighs gently.

  "Alright... If you say so,"

(Time Skip)

  The ball was beautiful. The only stain was (Y/E/N). Her (l/f/c) dress cut off at her thighs, showing off her Gryffindor pride of her own lechery. I gag at her fashion as Tom offers her to dance. The buffett beckons me before I cry. As I drown my sorrows in cake, I hear my friend. Long ago, in my second year, I met a Hufflepuff named Amelia.

  "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" she asked. For a 5'2" girl, she has a deep voice. I sigh and pour out my feelings. She gasps and growls softly. It's true that when a badger is angry, they are intimidating.

  "(Y/N)!" Tom called. Amelia saluted to me and swarmed off. That left me and Thomas. Ball rooms filled with teenagers are so much warmer around your crush. He inched closer and held my face gently. Resting his forehead on mine, he sighs happily.

  "I love you, (Y/N),"

  "B-but... I thought-"

  "I invited (Y/E/N) as my date to make you jealous. It was easy to tell you loved me. And I love you, too. So please, let me make you happy," he purrs. We share a tender kiss as the night seemed to pause in time. Later on, we found out (Y/E/N) ditched Tom for a Gryffindor boy. Trust me, Tom felt no loss, and for the next full school year, me and Tom dated.

  After graduation, we got married. I love Tom.