Little Guardian (Child! Tord X Teddy Bear! Reader)

(Gender neutral. Requested by wherethegun )

Tord's POV

  It was late one warm, August night, and I was 6. Patryk was reading me my favorite bedtime story before going to bed; Corduroy. It was the story of a lost teddy bear looking for his way back home. I always wanted a teddy bear. All the other kids on the base had one, but not me. I begged for one, but I never got a reply. Until, Paul came home from work later than usual.

  "What's wrong, Daddy?" I asked in my usual lisp. Once, I got into a fight with a kid, and he knocked out my front two baby teeth. He also chipped an adult one off to the side. Ever since, I had a lisp and I would whistle. But, that's besides the point.

  "I got you something," Paul purred secretively. I grinned and jumped off Patryk's lap. I bounced in front of Paul as he handed me something soft, (f/c), and small. It's (e/c) eyes looked almost real, and the red ribbon around their neck was tied perfectly - like by a girl scout, or something.

  "A teddy bear! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I chanted repeatedly as I hugged Paul, then held the teddy bear up in my arms. I smiled up at my teddy bear. It seemed to smile back at me. I kissed their forehead and smiled.

  "I'll name them... (Y/N)!" I proclaimed happily. That was when Paul kneeled beside me. He had a large grin on his face as he reached my level. He'll always be taller than me, I thought. Paul held (Y/N) up and smiled.

  "This isn't just any teddy bear. Legend says that this kind of teddy bear will come to life at night. They will protect their owners, but they won't ever let them see them. They are extremely shy," Paul explained. My grin grew as I hugged (Y/N) softly.

  "My little guardian!"

(That Night)

  It was dark outside, almost too dark. It was only 10:00 p.m., yet the sky was a deep indigo. It was so thick in choked the light, that I held (Y/N) close. I whimpered as nightmares plagued me. That was when a little guardian decided to step in.

(Y/N)'s POV

  I changed from my teddy bear form to my human form. My (h/c) hair was messy from being held sweetly by the little boy. I was also a child, at 6 years old. A red ribbon was tied around my neck, and a (f/c) shirt hugged by body. I wore jean shorts on my legs, revealing all my bandaids and bruises. I looked up at my new friend; Tord Larsson. I smiled at his sleeping shape, his chest rising and falling.

  His soft caramel hair was styled into very fluffy horns, strands of hair pointing out from his restless sleep

  His soft caramel hair was styled into very fluffy horns, strands of hair pointing out from his restless sleep. His tanned skin was delicate and smooth. A red hoodie too big for him was drooping over his hands and below his waist, where they bordered black shorts. He looked like a small yet sweet demon. I smiled to myself as he rolled over, his back facing me.

  I sat there, bored, for hours. Nothing was happening, and I wish I could play with Tord. He seemed to have a lot of toys. That was until I sighed. I am one of his toys, I thought. I sighed sadly, wishing I could play with him. I turned to him, and nearly had a heart attack when he started to wake up.

  "(Y/N)....." he muttered as he started to wake. I panicked, and did one thing I should never do. As he put his arms out, looking for my stuffed counterpart, I pushed his hands back. He seemed startled and woke up with me at the foot of his bed. He stared at me.

  "H-hi, Tord...." I muttered fearfully. I expected him to be mad, scared, or worse. But, instead, I felt small, warm arms hold me close. I look up to see Tord hugging me. He was crying, but a grin was plastered on his face. He held me close with his gentle hands.

  "Daddy was right! You are special!" he cheered. I smiled and hugged him back. I was thankful he wasn't scared by this. Then I felt a soft kiss on my cheek. I blushed as he pulled away, smiling at me. His silvery eyes shimmered in the dark.

  "I love you, (Y/N)!"

(Years Later)

Tord's POV

  We have been best friends ever since. That was, until one day, I fell in love with my magic teddy bear. I didn't know why I wanted them so badly in my life. I always saw (Y/N) as my best friend. Yet, one day, I realized I was in love with them and I needed them. That day was today, and now, I'm going to tell them.

  I turned to face the attractive person that doubled as a literal teddy bear. Their (e/c) eyes twinkled lovingly at me as I smiled. I hugged them and kissed their cheek, like I did many years before. 18 years ago, I believe. They blushed and held me close. Their soft hands made me smile.

  "(Y/N), you are my best friend, you know that, right?"

  "Right,"

  "You know I would do anything for you, right?"

  "Right,"

  "What if I told you I loved you? Like, more than a friend. I have feelings for you, (Y/N). I didn't realize I had them until today. I need you in my life," I pleaded. I looked down and saw (Y/N) blushing madly. They smiled and hugged me tighter. I was slightly startled.

  "I love you, too, Tord,"