Unicorns (Tom X Innocent! Reader) *FLUFF*

(Happy 100 stories!! I was watching The Last Unicorn today, reliving all the nostalgia of when I was little. I always believe unicorns are real. So, I will share an innocent story concerning the magical creatures.)

Tom's POV

  I was holding a cold bottle of smirnoff in my hand. My other hand raked through my dark brown hair. My warm breath sifted through the air. Yet, I didn't feel sorrow as my dark, empty room loomed in front of me. I felt peace. A soft, beautiful hum was reaching from the depths of the living room. The front window would be betraying to the world the most beautiful person I've ever met, as well as her beautiful song.

  The lyrics they sang told of unicorns and butterflies, the sea and bulls that chase the unicorns into the crashing waves. The utter beauty and grace in their voice sold the story. It seemed so real and innocent. As if the head of a unicorn could rear itself from the very waves of the Atlantic Ocean. The tale seemed as tall as our red-headed house mate, but it also seemed just as plausible. Nothing in this world made me happier than to hear them singing her stories of unicorns. They loves those creatures.

  Show them a cat, they'll see a mighty lion. Show them a snake, they'll envision the most brilliant sea serpent this side of the equator. Introduce them to a pigeon, they'll see a harpy as it stares her down. Yet, if you show them a horse, be prepared for a treat. If they see a horse, no doubt they'll see the horn upon its head. I can tell them as much as I like that it was just a horse. Yet, they are so persistent and stubborn that the lack of a horn only fuels the innocent fire that calls for them to seek out unicorns.

  'No such thing as a unicorn,' they'll hear. Yet, they comprehend no sound. Unicorns might have just drawn them mad, if they didn't paint their sanity. The hooves of a unicorn tread quietly in their dreams, and they wake to hear them trotting. It's as if they were never really here on this Earth. But trust me, they must be more real than you or me. Because they believe in unicorns.

  Only the innocent can believe that. Only can a unicorn reveal its true beauty to a person of such innocence. I will never see a unicorn. That is as true as I know. Sins don't belong in the mind as long as the heart sees a unicorn. So, I have them describe unicorns to me. From horn to tail.

  That's when the song ends. Silence bathes the house in a cold dryness. I raised the bottle in my hand to my lips. Yet, their soft rebirth of the melody makes me set it back down. Sin doesn't belong in someone's mind as long as the heart sees a unicorn. But I will never see a unicorn.

  But I ask you...

  Do you believe in unicorns? And are you innocent enough to see them?

  Voices can never speak of such cruelty that dwells in man's mind. Yet no such actions can portray the innocence of others. True of word that sin is the epitome of unicorns and their values. How can such a species be polar of another? Not even unicorns and dragons are of such opposite. Both are immortal, magic beings of great disbelief. I hope beyond hope that they can bring me a unicorn I can see.

  And with that, the song ends once more, and the last word drives my insane ideas to silence. The word that muttered innocence into the home. It is almost as if the note it rode on carried a horn on its head. I heard it as it fade to black in my mind. It nearly broke my skull as I try to replay it. For it always reminds me of (Y/N)'s innocence. The word is the one that will finish this very thread of thought.

  Unicorn.