Aftershock (Matt X Depressed! Male! Reader)

(Y/N)'s POV

  The world is broken, corrupted, and meaningless. Everyone has their dirty secrets, and mine is that I have lived with the knowledge life is meaningless and everyone is dying anyways. I watch the scars run along my wrists, and sigh. The only person who restrains me from inevitable death is Matt Hargreaves. I never admitted it, but I loved him with all my broken heart. I wanted him to love me back, but I don't know if that will ever become reality. I would have just killed myself once I realized that, yet Matt's happiness is all I need to live on.

  I know my death would make him devastated, but I never really considered that he would be equally devastated if he found out I cut myself repeatedly every night. I take a knife from my dresser as I sat on my bed in my room. I aim the knife and slit my wrist. I cringe at the pain, and drop the knife. I take a towel that is beside me and tend to my wound. The one cut would satisfy me for now, or at least I hope. Then, I hear knocks at my door.

  I bite my lip and hide the knife. I keep the towel near my bed and cover the cut. I walk over to the door, open it, and smile at Matt's grinning face.

  "Hi, (Y/N)!" he cried ecstatically. I grin and let him in. Matt came over to my house all the time ever since we realized we were neighbors several months ago, after we were already best friends for several years. We practically knew everything about each other, but, like I said, we have secrets. Matt never knew I was depressed, and he never knew my feelings for him. He always thought I was Asexual, but I'm not. I'm actually homosexual, and I feel that way only for Matt.

  "So, Matt, what do you want to do today?" I ask Matt, who sat on my couch. Matt grinned, and pulled me to the couch.

  "How about Truth or Dare!" he exclaimed. I smiled and nodded. I personally didn't care, as long as Matt was happy.

  "Who goes first?" I ask. Matt ponders for a while until he turns back to me.

  "I'll start! Truth or Dare, (Y/N)?" I shrug and look him in the eyes.

  "Truth," I reply, relaxing on the couch. It's not like he will ask any deep, dark secrets or anything, I think to myself.

  "Are you hurt?" he asked suddenly. I tense and see Matt's worried expression. I scratch the back of my neck, knowing he could see my tense pain.

  "Uhhh," I mutter. Matt reached out and took my arm which I cut. I tensed as he pulled my sleeve back to reveal my cuts. I heard Matt gasp, and turn to see him covering his mouth with his hand, tears streaming down his face.

  "You are hurt. You did this to yourself, didn't you?" he asked, devastated. I sigh, and rip my arm out of his hands, causing pain to my cut from the sudden movement.

  "Yes, Matt, I did this to myself," I murmur, expecting Matt to leave me, or worse, ask why I didn't just kill myself yet as I avoid eye contact.

  "Why?" he asked. I looked at him, only to wish I didn't. He was pale, his eyes were red and puffy, and his mouth was curved into a frown. I was close to crying.

  "Because I always believed life was meaningless, and death was unavoidable. The only thing keeping me from dying from my own two hands is you, Matt," I answer, hanging my head. I begin to cry, sobs raking my body. I felt myself shake in self-hate and pain.

  "Why only me, (Y/N)? I want to help you," I heard Matt cry. I look up to see his beautiful face stained with perfect tears that reflected the sunlight coming through the window.

  "It's only you because I love you," I whisper, inaudible to Matt.

  "What was that, (Y/N)?" Matt asked, his heartache still piercingly present.

  "I said 'it's only you because I love you'!" I yell at him, my heart bursting from confession. I collapse into Matt's arms, crying and hugging him tightly. I feel Matt hug me back, and cry into my shoulder.

  "Why didn't you tell me, (Y/N)?" Matt asked, his voice barely above a whisper. I smile slightly, happy he didn't reject me yet.

  "I thought you would reject me, hate me, or worse..... leave me," I cry. Matt leaned over and kissed my cheek, leaving me to freeze from shock. I look at Matt, and see him smile.

  "I would never reject you. I felt the same way, afraid you would reject me," Then he smiled, like his normal self. "But, then again, who would reject me? I'm gorgeous!" I chuckle, and hug him again.

  "I love you so much, Matt," I whimper. Matt kisses my cheek again, and we both smile.

  "I love you, too, (Y/N)," he assures me.

- Several Years Later -

  I was on one knee, in front of Matt, with a box in my hand.

  "Will you, Matt Hargreaves, make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

(A/N: Probably my favorite chapter by far. Comment if this should have a part 2~!)