Your Highness (Sheriff Thompson X Princess! Reader)

(Requested by pink_diamond_59. This was about one and a half hours late.)

3rd Person's POV

  Dust scattered across the property of the Spitbucket sheriff station. A horse-drawn carriage came into town, yet it seemed like all the rest. As soon as the horse paused to rest, a maiden left the carriage. Her hair was like a (h/c) stream and her eyes sparkled like (e/c) diamonds. The sheriff, Thomas Thompson, watched from the doorway. He raised his eyebrow with interest as he saw her.

  This maiden was not just anyone. As you could tell by her elegant (f/c) dress with jewels and (gold/silver/bronze) trim, she was high class. She was the princess of Britain, sister of Prince Matthew - nearly King Matthew. The princess was here to be courted by a wealthy American council member. Yet, she didn't care for the American. Out of what she hear from her brother, she would rather wed the sheriff. That's why she chose to meet in Spitbucket.

(Y/N)'s POV

  The dirt road swirled around like a wave. I walk towards Sheriff Thompson, whom I hoped I could someday call Prince Thomas. His remaining eye glistened like a shining wave. His hair was wavy, soft and silky, like the finest fabric made in London. As soon as he bowed to me and took my hand, kissing the back of it, the world started spinning. With his hat over over heart and on one knee to show proper manners, I knew he was just as kind as any wealthy council man can be.

  "You're grace, it is an honor to have you in the presence of Spitbucket as such as myself," he states in the most heavenly, deep accent I've heard. It was enticing and attractive, whilst his words proved him educated. I smile at him as he stands and places his hat on his head once more. He promised to show me around town and introduce me and the mayor. I also heard tale of the building my brother was kidnapped in still stood while the bandits were still locked up.

  We reached the house and I looked inside the door frame. Wooden boards and beams were strung everywhere. The moth-eaten curtains looked like rags whilst the house moaned as it settled. I noticed the near-collapsing stairs. I wince as I think of my brother residing here for possibly days. I give it another look before noticing the bullet holes. Clearly from the likes of a colt navy revolver.

  "Colt navy revolver bullet holes. A shoot out happened here?" I turn and ask Sheriff Thompson. He blushes slightly and nods slowly. He walks closer and inspects a hole. I do the same with a nearby one. I decide to impress him with my knowledge.

  "It must have happened years ago with no repair done to the house. The gunpowder and bullets seem just slightly older. Nearly a decade old. There were five guns used in the shoot out, three from the inside of the building, by the looks of it. All were colt revolvers, only two were colt navy. About three of the five were well worn, as of the lesser impact, while the other two were quite untouched," I explain to myself partially. Sheriff Thompson looks up, and his face was flooded with color.

  "You know all that from the bullet holes?"

  "I was taught what to recognise by a guard. You never know when you might have to be a detective once you're queen," I admit. Thompson stands and holds my hand as he walks me out.

  "That was very impressive. I might even say attractive. You're highness, I may have actually fallen for you within the span of today. Is it alright if you leave the council man for me? I want to take your hand in marriage," he admits quickly. I smile and kiss him. His eyes flew open.

  "I was hoping you would ask. Yes,"