Police station

Oceans POV
"So that's why she was getting groceries." I finished explaining. Lin stared at me and look just plain offended.
"Why didn't you tell me he hurt her?" He mumbled.
"I didn't think it would affect anything, I mean she still hurt me." I explained.
"No that changes the whole story Miss Miranda," the police man scratched his beard, "Miss Fredricks may not be the criminal here anymore."
"But she still hit her," Lin frowned.
"That's still a crime but Alice would just have a less of a sentencing." He shrugged, and immediately went over to some paper, and Lin followed. I didn't move. My hands were sweating and my ears made heartbeat sounds in my head. Everything was spinning.
  "Dad, can I step out and get some air?" I managed to muffle. I don't think he heard me but I needed air. Everything was getting dizzier by the minute. I crawled over to the door and tried to reach the door knob. It was old and brass but I didn't have enough energy to twist it. I rattled it instead, which finally got Lins attention.
  "Sunshine!" He yelled. I assumed I looked terrible, which matched how I was feeling.
   "Is she sick!" Lin sounded frantic.
The police man placed his hand on my forehead.
  "Seems like a fever, mixed with some type of anxiety attack."
"Yeah, she does have anxiety."
They talked and all I heard was , "Your going to be ok."
•••
The bright light gave me more of a head ache then I already had.
"Niñita!" I heard Lin say as he got up from his chair.
  "Dad, um, why am I in a hospital. For the fiftieth time?" I said squinting.
   "You just passed out from the heat and a bit of an anxiety attack, probably from talking bout the Fredricks to much."
  I instantly felt pathetic. I passed out just because we talked about the Fredricks?
   "How long was I-"
"Not long," he said quickly, "only a few hours."
"What are we doing then! We have to go find them!"
Lin looked like he didn't want me going anywhere. He got really protective of me sometimes, which was a positive and a negative.
"Please Dad. We're so close to getting them." I begged.
He was silent for a moment, probably asking himself if he should risk his and my life.
"Why not," he smiled, "They already have a few leads."