The arrest

Oceans POV
I went through the usual process. Stay in the hospital for a day then leave. It wasn't like I had a heart attack or anything. Lin and I took and cab back to the hotel.
"7 missed calls from Carter," I said aloud as I was scrolling through my phone.
Lin rolled his eyes.
"What was that for?"
He shook his head, "He freaks me out."
"Why?"
"I dunno, he just, seems clingy? For Christ's sake he just called you 7 times."
I looked back down at my phone. Maybe he was right? I mean, he was super clingy.
It was silent for a moment. Then Lin's phone rang and thats when it all started.
He whipped it out of his pocket as fast as he could.
"Hello?" My heart dropped. Did they find them?
"Mhm," he nodded, his hand shaking on the steering wheel.
He slowly hung up the phone and pulled over.
  "What is it? Did they get them?" I asked and put my hand on his shoulder.
   "Yeah. Looks like we're making a little detour."
•••
He spun down the road, and I was almost positive he was breaking the speed limit. Scratch positive. More like certain.
   "Are we almost there?" I managed to say, die to the fact at how fast we were going.
He didn't respond and I could tell he was nervous. That must've meant we're close. He skurted around a corner to an old building.
   "We're here." He whispered. I felt bad because he was so nervous .
   "Are you ready?" I asked. Before he could respond we were interrupted by the sounds of gun shots. My heart stopped. I opened the car and ran through the parking lot, ignoring Lin's crying for me to come back.
I sprinted feeling the wind through my hair, and burning my face. I grabbed the brick wall and spun myself around the corner.
  I turned back to see if Lin was following me and I was right. But I was faster.I ran up the apartment stairs , and figured out where they were based on more shots.
  I stopped where I was when I made it to the door. It was locked. Crying, I ran into the door to try and bust it open, shrieking in pain because my lungs hadn't quite healed from surgery. Finally, i hit it with all my might, and the door bust down. Everything was in slow motionI heard the police man yell to drop the gun, and I saw Mrs Fredrick hiding behind her husband with Kyle. Mr Fredrick shook his head, and fired the gun. I screamed No and his head whipped around. For a moment I saw sadness in his eyes. I ran and jumped in front of the bullet, and that was the end of my story.
•••