EP.73|The Wedding Ceremony (PART 6)

“All rise for the bride.” Zeref said as everyone rises, the wedding march started to play.

As Mal walked down the aisle she couldn't help but notice everyone staring at her. “Why are they all staring at me?” Mal asked, Maleficent sighed.

“Your getting married, and becoming Queen, so of course they’re gonna stare at you.” Maleficent chuckled. “So, you and dad? You getting back together?” Mal asked slyly.

“I don't know, I’m legally married to Haydn, but when it comes to your father, I feel like they’re unfinished business.” Maleficent sighed.

“Whoever you choose mom, make sure you love them, and always remember I’m better than any man you date.” Mal chuckled as they reached the end of the aisle.

“You break her heart and I’ll break your bones.” Maleficent whispered to Ben, sending shivers down his spine.

“Hey.” Mal whispered. “You look...wow…” Ben smiled. “Thanks, you don't look bad yourself.” Mal smiled back. “Also, why is Zeref officiating our wedding?” Mal asked. “I lost bet, plus he also begged me for weeks.” Ben replied.

“Welcome, family and loved ones. We are gathered here today, surrounded by the beauty of creation and nurtured by the sights and sounds of nature to celebrate the joining of Ben Beastly and Malena Maleficent in marriage.” Zeref announced.

“Today is a celebration. A celebration of love, of commitment, of friendship, of family, and of two people who are in it for forever. You don't have to have a ceremony to have a marriage. And when you think about it, the whole thing is kind of weird, right?”

“You're standing in front of everyone, looking fancy, holding flowers, and being stared at by so many of those who you hold near and dear. So why do we do it?”

“The marriage ceremony has been an important feature across nearly every culture, religion, generation, and society.”

“We have thousands of important moments that happen throughout our lives, but this one is regarded as one so critical, we acknowledge its special status by sharing it with others. Why this moment?”

“Because despite all of our differences, love is what we all share. It's the great unifier - our one universal truth.”

“That no matter who we are, where we've come from, what we believe, we know this one thing: love is what we're doing right. That's why you both are standing here.”

“That's why you all are here to watch them stand up here. We have all loved in our lifetimes, and in this moment, we're reminded that the ability to love is the very best part of our humanity.”

“All of us here today have our own love stories. Some are short, others long. Some are yet unwritten, while others are just getting to the good part.”

“There are chapters in all of our stories that are sad or disappointing - and others that are exciting and full of adventure, especially theirs.”

“And that brings them here. A time to pause, look back, and smile at all the moments that brought them here. And a time to look ahead at all the moments that are still to come.”