EP.108|Follow The Lavender

"Does that mean...Opal Facilier is-" Ben then got interrupted. "Freddie's great-great-grandmother," Darren said.

"Oh, my gods...how come I never knew?" Freddie questioned. "Your parents, Alex, and your grandfather wanted to keep it a secret because Opal possessed the power of the Kagechikara," Darren replied.

"Kagechikara?" Freddie asked. "Darren, stop! She doesn't need to know, she's not ready." Alex said as Darren rolled his eyes.

"Let's hear him out Alex, maybe this might help us." Freddie said as Darren smirked at Alex. "Kagechikara is one of the 10 Sinful Techniques?." Darren began.

"10 Sinful Techniques?" Carlos questioned. "Yeah, I don't know a lot about it but I know Kagechikara is one of them. They say, all ten of the techniques put together has enough power to take out the Earth." Darren answered vaguely.

"So what is Kagechikara anyways?" CJ asked. "Kagechikara is the most powerful move in a Tamiki user's disposal. Legend says it has enough power to wipe out an entire continent."

"People who are lucky enough to experience the Kagechikara and live to tell the tale say they've never seen anyone with so much power and control over an element."

"Wait, if Opal was the first one to use Tamiki, does that mean she created the Kagechikara?" Evie asked as Darren nodded.

"Then, if my family can use Tamiki, the Kagechikara Technique must have been passed down from generation to generation." Freddie guessed.

"No, it skips a generation. So, the only ones in your family who know the Kagechikara Technique is Opal, Facilier Sr., and you." Darren explained.

"If only my grandpa was still alive, he could teach me the Kagechikara Technique." Freddie sighed.

"Actually, Freddie. When I was at Facilier's shop, your grandpa's spirit talked to me. He wanted me to give you this, he said you would know what it means." Zeref then passed Freddie the Lavender plant.

Freddie's eyes widened. She knew what it meant. She stared at the flower, bringing her back to her earlier days.

5-year-old Freddie arose from her slumber late one night when she saw a light coming from the living room. She walked towards it to see that her parents were still awake.

"Mommy? Daddy?" Freddie yawned, rubbing her eye as she held baby Voodoo in her arms. "Oh, did we wake you up, Freddie? I'm sorry." Freddie climbed into Acadia's lap.

"No, I couldn't sleep," Freddie yawned "why are you still up?" she asked. "Well, Freddie, I did something really bad, and I don't want anyone to get hurt. People are looking for me and I'm worried you and Mommy will get hurt."

"Did you break something?" Freddie's head tilted. "No, but I was trying to do something really big and ended up gambling more than I had." Facilier ruffled Freddie's hair.

"What did you gamble?" Freddie asked. "Let's just say, it was something very important and people are now looking for me," Facilier told her.

"But Freddie, no matter what happens, if you're ever lost one day or you can't find me, your mom, or your dad, follow the lavender." Her grandpa told her.