EP.141|Where I Belong

Days until the wedding: 7 days 6 hours and 41 minutes

"Thank you for doing this with me Hunter." Operetta thanked. Her and Hunter were currently in at the beginning of the lush green forest behind the castle.

"No problem, exactly what are we doing?" Hunter asked. "This." Operetta whispered walking to a family of deers.

The deers moved out of the way to reveal an injured baby fawn "hey, I'm back." Operetta smiled, petting the baby fawn. She grabbed a potion from her bag and pour it on the fawn.

The fawn cried out in pain causing the dad deer to rise up on his hind legs, standing over Operetta. Hunter countered a blood sword causing the deer to face towards him.

"Hunter," Operetta whispered, "put the sword away, you're scaring it."

Hunter nodded, the sword slowly disappeared causing the deers to calm down. "Shh...see, it's okay. I know it hurts but sees, everything healed." Operetta smiled, scratching the fawn under its chin.

"You really have a way with animals huh?" Hunter chuckled. "Yeah, I don't know, I guess animals have always been there for me." Operetta said.

"Operetta, have you ever been outside the Demonic Islands?" Hunter asked. Operetta shook her head "no, as far as I remember, I've always been on the Demonic Islands ever since Nicholas found me."

"But don't you ever want to leave? You know, explore other islands?" Hunter questioned. "No, why would I? I mean, I'm gonna be a princess, I'm gonna marry the demon king. Why would I ever leave." Operetta sighed.

"Well, that doesn't sound perfect." Hunter chuckled. "It's not. I try to fit it, I really do, but I just can't. Sometimes..." Operetta looked away from Hunter "I feel like like I don't belong."

She looked at Hunter, "like I'm supposed to be...someplace else."

"Operetta, I-" Operetta cut him off "I know it doesn't make any sense."

I have often dreamed of a far off place.

Where a warm welcome would be waiting for me.

Where my love would cheer when he sees my face.

And a voice keeps saying this is where I'm meant to be.

Hunter was starstruck, her forgot how beautiful her voice was. It reminded him of when an angel would sing, so beautiful and majestic. He couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again when she sang.

It was something Hunter found to be one of the wonders of the world. He didn't know why it was so enchanting to him, but it just was. Something about it made Hunter feel so at peace.

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance

I will find my way if I can be strong