86- prom

Ariella's pov

Ariella's pov

"You look so beautiful." Derek whispered as we slow danced.

"Thank you." I smiled up at him.

I felt Derek hold me closer to him. I was laying my head on him as we swayed together.

Instead of enjoying this moment with Derek, an amazing guy who treats me right I am hung over on my ex. The same ex that was talking to my new girl best friend. Leslie may not have known we were together, but Oscar knew Leslie was my best friend. What a piece of shit.

I hate that i cared. But I did.

I felt my eyes starting to water.

Damn i hate this.

I cant love him. I need to move on.

"Hey lets get out of here." I whispered in his ear.

"What?" Derek looked at me confused as I grabbed his hand.

"Lets go to your place." I mumbled and he was caught by surprise.

"What do we tell the others?"

"Nothing." I said as i grabbed his hand and walked away.

"Wow that felt really good." Derek said out of breath as I laid next to him.

"Yeah." Was all i said as i covered myself up with the blanket.

It didn't feel good at all. I thought that if i replaced Oscar physically that it'd be easier to replace him mentally. It didnt work.

"Hey ima take a shower real quick." Derek smiled as he got up and walked out the room.

I wasnt planning on staying.

I just put on the clothes i left here nights ago and grabbed my dress before walking out the house.

I had no car because I didnt drive. So i had to walk home. I honestly didn't care about walking. I needed to clear my head.

Oscar was consuming my mind and he probably doesn't even know. How could he? I push him away anytime he gets close.

After a while the heels were killing my feet so I was walking barefoot on the sidewalk. I didnt even care about the possible risk of infection. I was only thinking about one person. I was planning on what I was going to say to him when i arrived at his house.