6. Nightmares

Your POV:

I woke up to hearing someone screaming very loudly. I realize that it was my best friend Andy. I got up and ran into his room in our apartment. I walked into his room and he was sitting up in bed trying to catch his breath.

"Andy? You okay?" I asked as I sat on his bed with him. He shook his head violently as a response. He looked seriously freaked out, but also pretty depressed.

"What happened?" I asked as I put my arm around him. His eyes filled with tears and he tried to keep them in but he couldn't, and tears started pouring down his face.

"I-I don't want to talk about it" he responded. His voice sounded very shaky as if he could break down sobbing at any moment.

I put my other arm around him and pulled his head onto my shoulder, letting his tears fall onto my shirt. He started sobbing quietly as he put his arms around me and held onto my tightly.

"Shh it was just a dream. I'm right here. I got you. You're safe" I said softly as I rubbed circles on his back, trying to calm him down. He cried quietly for a while, but out of nowhere he started hysterically sobbing and crying his eyes out. His sobs shook his whole body as I tried to hug him tighter and try to calm him down but he still couldn't stop crying. There's gotta be something else that's going on with him. There's no way he'd cry this bad over a nightmare. He's had nightmares before, but he's never reacted like this. There's no way I can get him to talk to me while he's this upset. Once he'd calmed down a little, I asked him what was wrong. He was still crying, but not as bad.

"Andy, what's wrong? What's bothering you?" I asked him as calmly as I could, while still holding him and rubbing his back.

"I-I do-n't kno-w." He cried.

"Did something happen today to make you upset?" I asked him. He nodded his head as he started crying a little harder again. I hugged him even tighter and kept rubbing his back.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him lovingly. He nodded and pulled away a little so he could dry his face and try to stop crying.

Once he'd stopped crying, I grabbed his hand and he started telling me what had happened to make him so upset.

After he told me, he asked me to spend the rest of the night with him and we spent the rest of the night cuddled up to each other.

A/N: I wrote this one a while ago and forgot where I was going with it, so that's why the ending is super awkward. Sorry hopefully the next one's better