37. Protect Your Heart (Andley)

A/N: I know it's another Andley, but I promise I'm working on other stuff (as well as a new ship!!). Everything else is still in editing, so here's this for now.

-Chloe <{~.~}>
—————————————————————————

—Ashley's POV—

I walked into the bunk room and found Andy sitting on the edge of his bed. He had one hand on his stomach and the other rubbing his eyes roughly trying to stop the tears. He was hyperventilating and crying pretty hard, but still quietly. When he saw me come in he tried to say something, but couldn't get any sounds out other than soft, whisper-like sobs and hiccups.

I climbed in his bunk with him and wrapped one arm around his shoulders and took his other hand away from his face and held it. I tried to try to dry some of his tears but it was no use since more fell from his eyes every time he blinked. Even the sleeves of his hoodie were wet from trying to wipe his tears.

He slowly turned towards me and wrapped his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder. I held him tightly and started rubbing his back softly and ran my fingers through his hair trying to calm him down a little.

"S-She l-left m-me. She f-found s-s-someone e-else." he whispered between sobs.

"I'm so sorry Ands" I whispered and held him tighter.

"I-It h-hurts." He sobbed harder.

"Shh I know sweetie, I know." I held him tighter and ran my fingers through his hair and down his back repeatedly to try to comfort him somehow.

"D-don't leave me A-Ashy" he cried as he held onto me tighter.

"I won't, Andy. I'll never leave you."

"I love you" he whimpered.

"I love you too Andy" it hurt me to say this since I knew he'd never love me the way I love him.

"No Ash. I love love you. The only reason I was with Juliet was because I couldn't stop thinking about you. I guess being around her so much made me actually start to fall in love her. I knew we wouldn't last forever, but It still hurts that she cheated. It hurts a lot." He whispered as he cried harder.

"Honey of course it's going to hurt. You were together for a year. The fact that you're upset right now proves that you have a heart and that you really care about people. Sadly, some people just don't know how to be faithful or how to love someone." I said as I held him tighter.

"Wait... did you say you love love me? As in that way?"

"I'm sorry Ash. I know you don't feel the same but I couldn't keep it inside anymore. I'm sorry" he cried.

"Andy, honey I've loved you from the moment I met you. I never thought you would feel the same way about me. I love you so much Ands." I whispered as i kissed his forehead.

"So what do we do?" He sniffled.

"Andy, will you be my boyfriend?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes!! Just please don't hurt me like she did." He whispered as more tears fell down his face and continued to sob quietly.

"I'll never hurt you baby. I'll protect you from anyone who tries to hurt you." I whispered as I dried his tears and kissed him softly. "I love you so much Andy" I whispered as I rested my forehead against his.

"I love you too Ashy" he whispered as he slowly started calming down.

"I love you baby. I'll always protect you my love" I said as I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.

"Please don't break my heart" He sniffled.

"I won't baby. I'll protect your heart"