51. Its Okay To Ask For Help

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

I woke up at around 3:38am hearing my phone ringing. The caller ID said 'Amy Biersack' so immediately my mind started thinking of every bad situation Andy could have gotten into. Scared shitless, I answer the phone.

"Hello? Amy? Is everything okay?" I say as I answer the phone.

"Hi sweetie, I just wanted to call you to let you know that Andy's on his way over. Something happened and he needs you. He won't tell me what happened, but he's pretty upset by whatever it is. He left the house in tears and I told him I'd call you to tell you he's coming" she said.

"Oh um I hope it's nothing too serious. Thank you for calling me. I'll go downstairs and wait for him." I say as I leave my room and go downstairs to the living room.

"Oh and Chloe?"

"Yeah?"

''Take care of Andy. He usually doesn't get upset like this unless there's really something wrong. He needs you. If he can't talk to me, I'm glad he has you."

"I will. I'll make sure he's alright. Is there anything else I should know?"

"One more thing- please let me know if he's alright. He doesn't open up to me or Chris and it's worrying us. He's been pretty down lately but he won't tell us anything. If he opens up to you, will you please tell me what's going on with my son?"

"Of course. I'll talk to you soon Amy"

"Thank you Chloe. Bye"

I already knew what Amy was talking about. Andy's been pretty depressed lately and he only really talks to me. The other people in school with us are horrible to him and it's been getting a lot worse. Not to mention the voices in his head telling him worse things than the people in school. He's come to me crying more times this past month than he has in the past 10 years that I've known him. It breaks my heart that he's so sad.

I'll try to talk to Andy and get him to tell his mom about it. I can tell Amy's worried. She really loves Andy and it would kill her if anything were to happen to him.

After thinking for a while, I heard a quiet knock on my door. I walked over to the door and looked out the peep hole to make sure it was Andy and not some burglar or a murderer. It was Andy, so I opened the door to let him inside.

When I opened the door, he was looking down at the ground and had his arms wrapped around himself and he was crying silently. He glanced up at me but then looked back down and whispered "I'm sorry" so quietly I almost didn't hear.

"Andy, honey, come here" I whispered as I gently grabbed his arm and pulled him in the house.

I shut the door and led Andy over to the couch. We sat down next to each other but he didn't hug onto me and cling to me like he usually does when he's sad. This time he was acting very shut off and isolated. He just kept staring at the ground with his arms wrapped around himself while sniffling and crying quietly.

"Andy, you know you can talk to me. What happened?" I asked carefully as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I can't do it anymore" he whispered.

"Do what, hon?"

"This!" He sobbed. "I can't keep living like this! I'm so depressed I can barely get out of bed anymore. I'm so lost and I don't even know who I am anymore. I've lost myself and I can't find the old me, the one who didn't care what other people said about him and who wouldn't cry over everything. I don't know where that person is but I'm pretty sure he's never coming back. I'm sick of crying to you and bothering you with my bullshit problems. You shouldn't have to deal with me. Things would be so much better if I was dead" He said before fully breaking down. He buried his face in his hands as heart-wrenching sobs shook his body.