50. School sucks

The worst feeling in the world is when you and your best friend leave school and the minute you get in the car and are away from everyone else, you're best friend just breaks down crying because of everything people put him through.

My mom picked Andy and I up from school today. We both put our bags in the trunk of her car and climbed into the back seat. Once we were sitting in the car,
Andy looked down and started playing with the sleeves of his hoodie; something he does when he's either trying not to cry or trying not to have a panic attack.

Right as my mom asked us how school was, Andy just broke down. He pulled his hands into the sleeves of his hoodie and pressed his palms to his eyes to try to stop the tears. Hard sobs and hiccups shook his body as he curled up in the seat and rested the top his head against my arm. He kept his hands pressed into his eyes but the tears still slipped down his face.

I turned towards him slightly and moved him a little so that he was leaning against my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly.

I had a feeling he was gonna break down once we were away from everyone else. Andy had a pretty rough day today and I could tell that he was trying his hardest to stay calm all day and that it was taking everything in him to not to snap at any point during the day.

"Whats wrong Ands?" I asked, even though I pretty much already knew why he was crying.

"Everything!" He sobbed. "Everyone hates me and nothing i do is ever good enough"

"Honey.. I promise you not everyone hates you.. I couldn't hate you even if I tried, love. And you are good enough. Sometimes people are too blind to see that" I said as I held him tighter and rubbed his back.

"I don't hate you either Andy. You're like a son to me. You and Chloe have been friends for so long that you're a part of our family now. Our whole family loves you Andy" my mom added.

"See Andy? We all love you so much. We'll always be here for you." I said.

By now he was crying so hard that he couldn't speak. He was sobbing violently and shaking like a leaf.

He took his hands away from his face and held onto me tightly, burying his face in my shoulder. He was clinging to me as if I was the only person keeping him alive and cried his eyes out into my hoodie.

"Shh it's okay Ands... it's okay... you'll be alright.. I got you" I whispered as I ran my fingers through his hair and continued rubbing his back.

He cried like this the whole way home and once we got to my house, my mom said that she would bring our bags in and that we could just go up to my room and talk.

Once Andy and I were in my room, we both sat on my bed hugging each other. He was still crying, but not as hard as he was in the car. After about 20 minutes, he had stopped crying completely. I was still hugging him since he was still pretty upset and I knew that being held makes him feel less alone. A few minutes after he had calmed down, my mom came in to check on us.

"Hey guys. How're you feeling Andy?" She asked softly. He shrugged his shoulders and looked down.

"Still really bad. A lot happened today and I guess it was just too much for me to handle so I snapped." He said.

"I'm sorry Andy. I know school is rough for you. Just know that Chloe and I love you with all our hearts and will always be here for you." She said as she came over and hugged him and kissed his head.

"Thanks Mama. I love you guys too" He said as he hugged my mom back.

He's been calling my mom "Mama" ever since we were in like 2nd grade. Andy and I have been best friends for so long, so my mom is like a second mother to him.

"It just hurts to go through it every day... I don't want to feel like this anymore." He whispered as he pulled out of the hug.

He covered his face with his hands and started to break down again. I put my arm around him and he leaned into me, resting his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my other arm around him as well and pulled him into a tight hug. He hugged me back and cried hard again.

"Shh it's okay... It's okay. I know it hurts, but you'll feel better soon. I'll always be here for you honey." I whispered as I started rubbing his back and slowly rocking us.

"We love you Andy. You'll be okay sweetie" my mom said as she kissed his head again and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"It hurts, Chloe. It really fucking hurts" He cried harder.

"I know Andy, I know... Shh" I moved one hand to the back of his head, petting his hair lightly, while rubbing his back with my other hand.

I rested my head on his and held him as close to me as I could while he sobbed his heart out into my shoulder, gripping onto the back of my shirt tightly.

After a while, he still wasn't calming down. I moved so I was sitting against the wall and pulled Andy onto my lap. I held him as tightly as I could and whispered sweet nothings until he calmed down. After about an hour his sobbing had calmed down and there were only stray tears and sniffles.

"I'm sorry I'm such a mess" he whispered as he pulled away slightly and wiped his eyes.

"Honey, you have nothing to apologize for. And you're not a mess sweetie. You're dealing with a lot of shit right now. I promise you that it will all be okay. I'm always gonna be here for you" I said as I pulled him back into my arms and held him tightly.

A/N: awkward ending I know. I kinda forgot there this was going. Oops.