12. Where The River Runs (Song Imagine)

A/N: This is based on the song "Where The River Runs" by The Faim. It's a really beautiful song, so I highly recommend you listen to it. I know the lyrics are slightly out of order and the whole song isn't included, but this is the best I could do. I also had some help with this, but I'll explain that more at the end.

—————————————————————————

"You built a tower around your heart, for walls of cardboard in the dark. I know you slept there once, down where the river runs. You told me son you'll learn one day. Sometimes you try to run away. I thought you'd given up, down where the river runs."

"All alone, you were gone for 3-4 days, by the bridge cause the water made you feel safe, like your problems would wash away."

Chloe's POV:

Andy would always run away and go to the river near the house whenever he was upset about something. Sometimes he'd stay there for days and nothing I could say would get him to come home. It always worried me when he went there because I was always afraid he'd hurt himself or worse.

--flashback--

Andy and Ashley had gotten into a very heated argument, which ended in Andy running out of the band house in tears. The band decided to give him some time to himself to cool off and if he didn't come back, then we'd all go look for him.

I, however, decided to run after him.

After looking for Andy for what felt like forever, I finally found him sitting by the river.

He was hugging his knees to his chest hiding his face in his arms, and I could hear him crying.

Dammit Ashley... What could he have said that hurt him so badly?

"Andy? What are you doing here? It's almost two in the morning."

He didn't answer. Instead, he started to cry harder.

I walked over to him and sat down next to him. 

I put my arm around him and started rubbing his back soothingly.

He uncurled himself and turned to face me, wrapping his arms around me and crying even harder into my shoulder.

I turned to face him as well, and hugged him back as tight as I could while continuing to rub his back with one hand and running my fingers through his hair with my other hand.

After about 10 or 20 minutes, he started calming down. Once he'd stopped crying, we both pulled away.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly.

He sniffled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head and looked at the ground sadly as more tears fell from his eyes.

"Hey, it's alright. You don't have to talk if you don't want to." I whispered as I wiped his tears with my sleeves.

He rested his head back on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and rubbed his back again.

He wasn't crying this time which was good, so I guess he just wanted to be held now.

We stayed here just holding each other for the rest of the night.

--flashback over--

"You were a god just holding me in your arms. Dry my eyes in the strongest of thunderstorms, till the skies turned back to blue."

Andy's POV:

Chloe would follow me to the river and hold me as I cried my eyes and heart out. She would never get mad at me if I didn't tell her what made me upset and she never pushed me to talk about anything I didn't want to. She'd stay there with me for days, holding me and comforting me until I was okay again and ready to leave.

She is my saviour.

A/N: I don't know what this story was. My best friend Andy and I were bored out of our minds in class today and he helped me write this. He helped me write part of Chloe's POV and he wrote all of Andy's POV. I've been wanting to do an imagine with this song for a while, but I never knew what to do, so Andy helped me quite a bit with it. He actually wrote most of it. Thanks Ands. Love you bro!!

~Chloe <3