49. Nightmares (version 2)

—Andy's POV—

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I woke up to hearing my girlfriend Chloe scream as loud as she could.

I rushed out of bed and ran into the living room where she was watching TV. I called her name as many times as I could as I ran to her.

When I ran in the room, everything seemed totally normal. The TV was on the Adult Swim channel and the Pickle Rick episode of Rick and Morty was playing. Chloe loves Rick and Morty. The only weird thing was that Chloe wasn't in here.

"Chloe?? Babe where are you? Are you okay?" I called out. No answer.

It wasn't until I felt something wet drip onto my hand that I really started to panic (more than I already was). I looked at my hand and saw blood dripping from the ceiling onto my skin. Terrified, I looked up to the ceiling and saw the most terrifying thing I've ever seen.

Chloe was being held on the ceiling by something I couldn't see and her stomach was cut open, which is where the blood was coming from. Her face looked empty and emotionless but also shocked as well. There was no light in her eyes which confirmed my worst fear. She was dead.

Then out of absolutely nowhere the whole ceiling burst into flames, burning Chloe's body along with the ceiling and the walls of our house. I ran out of the house as fast as I could and as soon as I was far enough away, I fell to the ground and just screamed. I screamed and screamed until my lungs gave out on me.

—Chloe's POV—

I woke up at around 3am from hearing Andy screaming. I turned over towards him and he was shaking and crying in his sleep. I sat up and lightly shook him and called his name until he woke up.

When he woke up, he screamed again and sat up. When he saw me sitting next to him he threw his arms around me and hugged me as tightly as he possibly could. He pressed his face into my neck and started crying and sobbing hard. I wrapped my arms around him just as tightly, holding one hand on his head and the other wrapped around his back.

"Shh honey it's okay... it was just a dream.. everything's okay now.." I whispered as I held him tightly and rubbed his back.

"Y-you w-were h-hurt a-a-and o-on f-Fire. I-I l-lost y-you." The more he tried to explain what happened, the harder he cried until he was sobbing and hiccuping uncontrollably.

"Shh just breathe baby... it's all okay now.. it wasn't real. I know it was scary, but I'm okay. We're both okay. Everything's alright now babe. I've got you sweetie. It's alright" I whispered as he clung to me tighter.

He just kept crying and crying until he eventually had a panic attack. He started shaking even worse and was hyperventilating while still sobbing his heart out.

"Honey, you need to calm down a little. Remember what we do when you have an attack?" I said softly. He nodded.

"Okay love, tell me 5 things you can see in the room right now" I said

"Y-you, m-my b-blanket, m-my b-Batman p-pajamas, t-the b-bed, y-your s-shirt" he whispered slowly, still panicking quite a bit.

"Good, Now how about four things you can touch or feel?"

"Y-you h-holding m-me, m-my fluffy b-blanket, t-the p-pillows, m-my tears f-falling"

"You're doing great honey. Three things you can hear?"

"Y-you t-talking, m-me c-crying, the f-fan on"

"Great job baby. Two things you can smell?"

"Your perfume, the air freshener"

"You're doing so well sweetheart. One thing you can taste?"

"My tears"

By now he was a lot calmer. He was still crying, but only tears and a few sniffles and he wasn't hyperventilating or shaking as much anymore.

"See babe? Everything's okay now." I whispered as I kissed his forehead.

"It was still really scary though." He sniffled.

"I know, sweetie, I know. But it's over now.. it's alright babe.. I got you.." I said as I hugged him tighter.

"I love you so much" he whispered as he buried his face in my neck, holding onto me as tight as he could.

"I love you too my Batman" I said as I lightly ran my fingers through his hair. "Do you think you can go back to sleep now?"

"I can try.. but I need you to hold me" he whispered.

"I got you sweetie" I said as I laid us down and held him close to me.

The two of us fell back to sleep after only a few seconds.