68. Missing You

((This starts out as texts between Chloe and Juliet))

"Hey Chloe. I'm not sure if Andy's told you this or not, but I think it's something you should know since you're Andy's best friend. Andy and I broke up yesterday. I know you know that Andy and I have been drifting apart, and we both knew that it would be best if we went our separate ways. Despite our breakup being mutual, it's still not easy to go through. I guess what I'm trying to say is take care of Andy. I know this is gonna be hard on him. Its hard on me too, but I'm more worried about Andy. Just please make sure he's okay and that he doesn't feel alone or abandoned or do anything stupid. The last thing I want is for him to be hurt, physically or emotionally. Please look out for him and take care of him for me. He needs you right now.
~Juliet"

"Hi Juliet. Thank you for telling me about you and Andy. He hasn't been answering any of my calls or texts, so I guess that's why. I was gonna go check on him today anyways but now I'm for sure going to. Thanks again for letting me know.
~Chloe"

Well that explains why Andy hasn't been answering me. However, hearing that they broke up made me really worried about Andy. He really loved her and though he kept saying he knew it was going to end soon, I could see how much it hurt him to even think about it.

I got in my car and drove to Andy's house as fast as I could.

When I got to his house, his car was parked outside which meant he was home. I parked my car behind his and walked to the door. I took out the key Andy had given me and unlocked the door.

When I walked in, Andy was sitting on the couch just starring at the TV, even though it was off. I could see in his eyes that he was holding in so many emotions and was trying to block them out.

"Andy" I said softly to try to get his attention. He didn't respond at all.

I sighed and walked over to the couch and sat down next to him.

"Are you okay honey?" I asked sweetly as I lightly placed my hand on his leg.

"No" he whispered so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

He moved closer to me and gently rested his head on my shoulder.

"What are you feeling, sweetheart?" I asked carefully as I put my arm around him.

"Every negative thing I could possibly feel." He whispered just as quiet.

"Andy... Come here love" I whispered as I pulled him into a hug.

We both turned to face each other and he immediately hugged onto me tightly. I hugged him back just as tight and held him as close to me as I could. We sat here silently hugging each other until Andy broke the silence.

"Chloe?" He whispered even quieter than before. His voice sounded so weak and broken. It hurt me that he was so sad and in this much pain.

"Yes, love?" I whispered back just as softly.

"I feel like crying" he whispered in a breaking voice.

I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was gonna cry weather he wanted to or not.

"It's okay sweetie. If you want to cry, go ahead. It's alright." I whispered as I hugged him tighter.

He tried to answer me but before he could, he broke down. He hid his face in my shoulder and started to cry quietly. As much as it broke my heart that he was crying, I knew that he really needed to let his emotions out. I also knew that it hurt him more to keep it inside than it hurt me to see him cry.

Usually Andy doesn't let anyone see him cry, let alone hold him while he does. He locks himself in his room when he's upset, but after he calms down he gets super cuddly and wants to be held constantly. I don't mind holding him though. Neither did Juliet. He'd always come to us (whoever was around) and we'd give him as many hugs as he needed.

I guess this time he was in so much pain that he needed someone to hold him while he cried.

He started to cry harder after a few minutes, and I rubbed his back to try to comfort him.

''This hurts so much" he whispered as he cried.

"Shh I know honey, I know. It'll get better." I whispered as I kissed his head.

"I'm sorry for breaking down like this. I just couldn't keep it in anymore" he whispered through the tears.

"Shh don't apologize honey. Just let it all out. It's not good for you to keep it inside. Your heart's broken, it's okay for you to cry and to feel like this. Never apologize for how you feel, Andy. Okay?" I said as I hugged him tighter and ran my fingers through his hair.

He nodded and continued to cry in my arms for what felt like hours. Even after he stopped crying I still kept holding him just as tightly, knowing that he really needed the extra love and comfort.

"How did you know to come check on me?" He asked quietly after a few minutes of silence.

"You weren't answering any of my texts, and that's not like you. I was gonna come here today to check on you but before I could, Juliet texted me and told me what happened. And when I saw her text I knew I had to get here fast, so here I am" I said.

"I don't know what I would have done if you didn't come here. Thank you." He whispered and cuddled closer to me, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I'd do anything for you, Ands. You're my best friend and I love you" I said softly as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I love you too" he whispered and fell asleep in my arms.