29. Hidden

A/N: this was requested by Jess. She said not to tag her for privacy reasons, so I won't.

Prompt: can you do an imagine where you notice Andy's been down lately but he keeps telling you he's fine until eventually he breaks down and it ends with you comforting him and you guys being all sweet with each other?? Also if you want you can do something involving self harm if it's not too triggering. I'm fine with it, it's others I'm worried about. Thanks!!
_________________________________

—Andy's POV—

6 moths.

6 months of pain.

6 months of emptiness.

6 months of saying I'm fine when I'm literally dying inside.

I don't know how much more I can take of this. I just don't want to worry my girlfriend Chloe with this. She has enough to deal with.

It's around 2:00pm and Chloe is still at school. I dropped out cause I physically cannot handle it with my social anxiety. I told Chloe that school just wasn't my thing and she seemed to believe it. So far all I've done today is lay in bed and try not let my emotions take over me. It never ends well when that happens. I decide that I've been laying in bed long enough, since the pain I feel is getting more and more unbearable the longer I lay here. I drag myself out of bed and go into my bathroom and take out the only thing that can take this pain away.

My blade.

I pick up the blade and stare at it for a while, thinking about if it's worth it or not.

⚠️**trigger warning**⚠️

"Fuck it" I think to myself as I roll up the sleeve of my hoodie, revealing all my other cuts and scars as I drag the blade across my arm. I don't cry though. Actually, I don't even feel any pain from it. I'm too numb. All I feel is heat on where I just cut. I cut a few more times and watched the blood flow before wrapping my arm and going back to my room.

**Trigger warning end**

I lay back down in bed and just as I'm about to pull the blanket up, I hear the door unlock from downstairs. Shit. Chloe is home. I sit up in bed and put the tv on, so it looks like I was just watching tv.

"Andy! I home!" She yells up the stairs.

"Hi babe!" I yell back, trying to keep my voice steady.  She walks in my room and looks at me with a sad look.

"Andy, can we talk?" She asks, sounding worried.

"Sure babe. What is it?" I ask as she sits down on the bed next to me.

"Is everything okay? You seem kinda off lately, and you seem really sad. I didn't want to bring it up because I know you hate talking about these kinds of things, but I can't stand to see you like this. What's going on? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Ya Chloe. I-I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping well. I'm fine though." I answer. I tried to make it sound like the truth.

"Honey, are you sure? You Just seem really down and all you do is lay in bed all day. Babe, I care about you. A lot. I can tell something's wrong but I can't help you if you don't talk to me about it. I love you. I just want to see you happy again." She says while she wraps her arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I hug her back and fight myself not to break down crying right then and there. I can feel tears burning my eyes but I need to keep them there. Once I  calm myself down, I pull away from her.