To Infinity and Beyond.

Past Memories...

[Taehyung's P.O.V.]

Auntie's husband passed away.
That day was marked as the darkest one from the day we met each other.

Mark: This is so weird.
Jungkook: I can't believe it... We played chess with him just the other day. He seemed completely fine...
Auntie: My darling was old, you need to understand that. It was his time... Just like him, my time will come pretty soon as well.
Y/N: D-don't say that, Auntie...

Her voice was trembling. I couldn't do anything but comfort her by being by her side, just like the rest of us.

Auntie: I'm sure he's in a better place now.

It pained all of us equally.
We were never close to him, not because he didn't allow us to, but because he was a mysterious person.
He always found peace in chess or in fixing gramophones, barely uttering a word.

Y/N: I don't want that time to come. I know that...

Even though she tried so hard to hold back her tears, I hugged her, letting her cry her heart out.

Y/N: I know that day will come eventually... I don't want to... I don't want her to go...
Taehyung: I know, y/n-ie. We don't want to, either.

A few weeks after that incident happened, she still refused to eat. It was so painful to watch her punish herself for something that's not even her fault.

Y/N: Taehyung? What are you doing here at such an early hour?
Taehyung: I'm going to live with you until you get better.
Y/N: H- what??
Taehyung: I can't stand watching you starve yourself and deprive of sleep. Look at you, y/n, you're so thin and pale!

She didn't say anything.

Y/N: ... I can't force myself to do it. I'm not in the mood for that.
Taehyung: That's why I'm here.

I cupped her small, white face. Her gaze and look were so weak, she could barely even stand.

Taehyung: *Smile* Today I will give you something magical, what do you say, hm?

After some time, she slightly nodded, barely letting "Mm" out.

Taehyung: *Smile* Be right back, then. Today you're going to be in my hands.

So I dashed into the kitchen.
That's right- I will cook.
I never cooked for anyone before. Heck, I never even cooked, but because I wanted to do something for her, I want to do my best and give her something she will not only remember but also make her come alive again, which made me practice cooking at home.
Once everything was ready, I called out for her.

Y/N: 'I wonder what did he do this time...'

Small yet quiet footsteps were barely heard as they were going down the stairs, getting closer and closer to the kitchen. Once her beautiful self was present in front of the entrance, her face, at last, made an expression.
Her blank and tired, heart-broken face was now in surprise.

Y/N: What is this?
Taehyung: Let me show you instead. Sit down.

My smile was too determined to be unstoppable now. Instead of answering her question, I moved a chair back for her to sit down, which she did.

Y/N: (Still a bit confused) Tae...

I leaned closer to her.
Despite us being completely alone in this house, I still whispered into her ear, wanting only her to hear my words, not even the air nor silence around us.