Remember Me.

We were at the hospital. We rushed as fast as we could, catching our breaths while searching for Mrs. Kim until we finally found her standing across the doors.

Lisa: Mrs. Kim!

She turned around.

Mrs. Kim: Ah! Lisa, y/n! You're finally here! He woke up!
Y/N: How is his state? Did doctors say anything???
Mrs. Kim: Not yet. They'll come out any minute now.

We waited for a few minutes in complete silence until that silence was broken by the doors slowly opening. A doctor came out, so we rushed to her as fast as we could.

Mrs. Kim: How is he? Is my son okay?
Y/N: How is his state, doctor?
Doctor: Well, I don't know where to start first...
Lisa: *Nervously* It doesn't matter, just start.
Doctor: Well... The good news is that he is awake now and after a few weeks he will be as healthy as he was...

We sighed in relief.

Doctor: ... But I'm afraid this will be complicated...
Mrs. Kim: What exactly, doctor?
Doctor: *Sigh* After the car accident, his skull was damaged. Because of that, there were some anomalies found in his brain. Some of his brain cells were pretty damaged.

We looked puzzled and scared at the same time, so doctor explained to us.

Doctor: That means he can't remember some things.
Lisa: And by some things you mean...
Doctor: A lot of things.

We were in shock, but the doctor still continued.

Doctor: Don't worry. Some memories will most likely come back after some time since it will take some time for his brain to recover and start functioning normally.
Y/N: Sir... Is there any possibility that he... Won't remember something... Ever?
Doctor: I'm afraid I cannot answer you to that question, ma'am. We don't know exactly how long it will take for him to recover but in the worst possible situation... Yes, it can happen...

Once he saw our expressions, he left out a little smile.

Doctor: But let us not look at the dark side. We should always hope for the best.
Lisa: Yes...
Mrs. Kim: Thank you so much, doctor.

Be bowed to him and waited until other doctors will allow us to enter the room.

Lisa: So... In worse scenario... He'll never remember a thing?
Y/N: ......
Lisa: But y/n... What if he ... Forgets you?...

My eyes were ready to tear up. Tears slowly start to appear in my eyes. I was so scared. Then Mrs. Kim tightly hugged me.

Mrs. Kim: I'm sure he won't forget you. You know how strong he is...

I tried to nod in her embrace, but I barely managed to do that, still holding back my tears. I'm so scared. I don't want him to forget. I want him to remember.

Please, remember...