130~SIDE 2

*Y/N

The soldier are currently doing push-ups. Agent Carter are the one supervising the training while I looked at each and every one. I couldn't help but feel worry about Steve. He's an asthmatic person and he's barely keeping up with the push-ups.

"Faster ladies! Come on. My grandmother has more life in her. God rest her soul." Peggy said and I chuckled. "Move it!" Just then, we saw Dr. Erskine and Colonel Philips came by. 

"Up!" I instructed. Then, the soldiers stood up. "Jumping Jacks." I said and they began to jump up and down.

"Grenade!" The Colonel shouted and I got shocked. Everybody ran away and saw Steve ran towards the grenade to cover it. I almost ran to him when he started telling everyone to back off. 

"Get away!!" Steve said and worry is now shown on my face as my new boyfriend tried to protect the camp from the grenade. 

"Get back!!" Steve warned. But, the grenade didn't fired. I sighed as I realized that it was only a dummy grenade. Steve slowly sat and looked confusingly at me and to Dr. Erskine. When Steve looked at me, I gave him a proud smile. He looked at Dr. Erskine.

"Is this a test?" Steve asked. I looked at Dr. Erskine and Colonel. Then, the Colonel walked away. Dr. Erskine looked at me and to Steve, and showed him a proud smile. Dr. Erskine looked at me and gave me a nod.

"Rest of you continue training with Agent Carter." I said. "Rogers, Dr. Erskine needs you to prepare for your procedure tomorrow." I told Steve and he nodded his head at me. 

~Night time~

I knocked on Steve's camp door. I opened it and saw it's empty, except for Steve's bed. He's there sitting while reading a book.

"Can I come in?" I asked him. He smiled at me and nodded his head.

"Of course." He said and I bring myself inside. I closed the door and went to sit down beside him. He put the book down near his table. He held my hand I intertwine it with his. 

"You scared me out there." I admitted and I tried looking at our hands. 

"I'm sorry. It was selfish of me to think, but I didn't have time to process it." He said. I just nodded my head and looked at him. 

"I know you wanted to be better, to be able to save the world, but don't risk your life too early for me to lose you." I said. He smiled hurtfully at me.

"You won't lose me, and I won't lose you, okay?" He said as he squeezed my hand. I nodded and smiled at him. 

"You promise?" 

"I promise you." He swore. He leaned into me and kissed my lips. I responded at the kiss, but our moment got ruined when we heard a knock on the door. We immediately broke the kiss and looked at the door. I untangled our hand and made a little space in between us. The door opened and saw Dr. Erskine.

"May I?" Dr. Erskine asked.

"Yeah." Steve replied. He looked at me and we just shot a short smile at each other as Dr. Erskine went in front of us and sit at the vacant bed. 

"Agent Y/L/N, how pleasant to see you here." Dr. Erskine said. 

"It is. I just wanted to talk to Steve."

"Am I disturbing?" Dr. Erskine asked.

"Not at all, doctor." I said and he nodded.

"Can't sleep?" Dr. Erskine asked Steve.

"I got the jitters, I guess." Steve replied.

"Me, too." Dr. Erskine giggled.

"Can I ask you a question?" Steve asked.