131~SIDE 3

*Y/N

I saw Steve came to the compound. I immediately tackled him in a hug and took a deep sigh as I'm relieved that he's safe and sound.

"What happened back there?" I asked him as I grabbed his cheeks in my hands.

"HYDRA.." Steve replied with worry. 

"I'm so sorry, Steve." He peck my lips and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and rubbed his back.

"It's okay. Important thing is you're okay and I get to protect you, unlike what happened to Dr. Erskine. I promise to keep you safe.." He said as he broke the hug. He put his hands in my cheeks and I smiled at him. 

"We'll protect each other." I said and he nodded his head. 

"Rogers. Agent Y/L/N." We heard someone called us. I looked behind me and saw Peggy walked in. 

"They need a blood sample of Steve's blood." Peggy said. I looked at Steve and he nodded his head. Peggy began to lead the way. Steve held my hand and led me with him. When we arrived at the room, he sat at the table and the nurse is waiting with a lot of instruments at the table. Then, the blood extraction began.

"I hope you get used being the needle's friend." I teased Steve. He chuckled and he showed me to come near him. I went near him and he patted the space beside the bed. I sat on it and Steve held my hand with his free hand. 

"What do you think Bucky's reaction when he knew that I was experimented on?" He asked and I chuckled. 

"He'll be in great shock." I said and he nodded while chuckling. I looked beside him and saw how fast the vials were put to full. 

"As much as I see a lot of blood in the battlefield, it never bothered me, but when I see yours, it's making me worried." I said while looking at the vials. 

"Then, don't look at it. Just look at me." He said and I looked at him. We both smiled. 

"I think I can get used to looking at the new Steve.." I teased him and he chuckled.

"Now I'm sure, I'll never be jealous of the guys wanting to take you out. I can easily punch those guys." 

"Honey, no one will take me away from you." I told him and he nodded his head.

"I hope so." He said.

"You'll always be my little Stevie, hon. Don't forget that."

"And you'll always be my best gal." He kissed my hand and I blushed at what happened. 

~After 5 months~

Steve is back at the camp here in Italy. I saw how the soldiers were very rude to Steve. When Steve walked backstage. I went to follow him and saw him sitting down and scribbling down on his small notebook.

"Hi Captain." I called out at him. He looked at me shocked and he stand up to give me a hug. 

"I've missed you so much, honey. I thought you're in London?" Steve said and I smiled at the hug. I broke it and smiled at him.

"I was but I heard you'll be here, so I flew here and here I am, I've missed you so much more." I told him. Then, he leaned to give a long passionate kiss. His lips that I've miss, the times that I've longed for his touches, hugs, and kisses. All that longing was bound to be rewarded today. I gently break the kiss and I wrapped my arms around his neck, foreheads touched each other, while my eyes are still closed, letting the moment lingered in my mind. 

"How are you?" I asked him. 

"Not bad, but at the same time, not good. But you're here now, so I'm feeling great." He said and I nodded my head. I looked at him straight in his eyes.

"You know, you're worth more than this, hon." I told him.

"But, I'm doing overseas and you know how I dreamt of doing this." 

"You dreamt of being a soldier, not just some dancing monkeys." I told him. I broke the hug of us. We heard a car horn. We looked at it and saw an ambulance. The rest of the medics grabbed the wounded soldier.

"They looked like they've been through hell." He said.

"These men more than most. Schmidt sent out a force to Azzano. Two hundred men went up against him and less than fifty returned. Your audience contained what was left of the one-oh-seventh. The rest were killed or captured." I said. Then, I saw him widen his eyes at me. "Yeah, Bucky's infantry. That's why I rushed here to know more about our friend." I said.

"We gotta go to Colonel." He said. "Do you have a coat?" He asked. I showed him my coat and he grabbed it and put it on my head to cover me. "We have to ran fast." He said and I nodded my head. We ran towards the camp of the Colonel.

"Colonel Philips." Steve said as he and I walked inside the camp.

"Well, if it isn't the Star-Spangled with a Plan. What is your plan today?" Col. Philips said.

"I need the casualty list from Azzano."

"You don't get to give me orders, son." 

"I just need one name. Sergeant James Barnes from the 107th." Steve said.

"You and I are gonna have a conversation later that you won't enjoy." Col. Philips pointed at me and I only sighed as I looked at Steve.

"Please tell me if he's alive, sir. B-A-R.."

"I can spell." Col. Philips stood and looked at the papers he was holding. "I have signed more of these condolence letters today than I would care to count. But the name does sound familiar. I'm sorry." Oh God! This can't be happening to Bucky...

"What about the others? Are you planning a rescue mission?"

"Yes, it's called 'winning the war'." I haven't heard of their conversation as I walked outside the camp, starting to get drenched in the rain. After a while, I saw Steve coming out of the camp. When he saw me, he got my hand and he led us inside a tent to where the costumes of the backup dancers has.

"Steve, what are you up to?" I asked.

"I need to save him." He said as he gathered his things.

"But, he's most likely dead. Oh God, it feels wrong to say it." I said in a whisper.

"And we both know that he isn't." He says as he walked near me. He held my cheeks in his hand and tears begun to fall from my eyes.

"I need to save him, Y/N. He's our friend." 

"I know, but I'm scared of you going out there alone."

"I don't want you to come. I can read your mind, I wouldn't want you to get hurt." He slowly lean near me and kissed my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. 

"I may know someone who can get you fast to your destination."