124~Missing You

*AU~STEVE ROGERS!!~

~Aftermath of Endgame~

*Y/N

We are gathered at dad and Pepper's lake house for dad's burial. Everyone was here to mourn. Morgan perhaps didn't quite understand this event yet, but she was sure that she's sad as me. Me, Pepper and Morgan are standing on the small pier on the lake. Pepper is holding the wreathe were dad's arc reactor is placed. I am holding Morgan's hand in mine as we faced the other Avengers. 

"Before we do this, on behalf of the three of us, we would like to thank you guys for coming here with us, to mourn and to relive the memories of Tony." Pepper began as we both looked at each other and shared a faint smile. I looked at everyone who piled up in front of us to listen. I saw my boyfriend of 7 years, Steve, who also shared a hurt smile and he nod once at me. I nodded back at him and breathe deeply. 

"We know Tony Stark as a  genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist and a hero. He may never admit it, but he cared for all of us." I said as I swallowed a big lump preventing me to be emotional. 

"He is a great father. He's the kind of father who gets to be in a protective mode in just a second, he gave me a chance to let him know as a father, not just a teammate. I'm also glad that he finally got the chance he deserved." I said as I looked at Morgan and to Pepper. Pepper held my hand to where I'm holding Morgan's hand too. Pepper gave a slight squeezed in our hands and we both smiled big. 

"From this day on, this might be a time where we cannot moved forward, but trying too. I know it's gonna be hard, but dad doesn't want us to feel that he left us, but wants us to continue saving humanity from another threat. But one thing will surely be missed, him." Just then, tears starts to fell from my eyes and I looked down at the ground and wept. 

After awhile, Pepper and Morgan went towards the end of the pier and placed the wreathe on the water. Dad's wreathe starts to float away, I felt Steve went beside me and he rubbed my back slowly. I just held my hands and I started to cry softly. I felt Steve pull me closer to him and I went to put my face on his chest and I just held his suit on my hands and gripped it tightly while I cry. After a couple of minutes, I break free from the hug and I slowly went inside the house and I sat at the stairs on the second floor and I held my hands together and I put my head on the wall beside me. Just then, I saw people starts to go inside the house to have a little snack and drinks before they part away. Just then, I saw Steve went up the stairs and when he saw me sitting at the stairs, he sighed deeply and he sat beside me and he pulled me closer to him and we hugged each other. 

"You'll make it through this.." Steve softly said. 

"I don't know Steve.. It's hard not to.." 

"Time can only tell.." Then, I slowly broke the hug and I looked at him. 

"What happens now to the stones?" I asked him and he just sighed deeply and he looked at the ground and he held my hands in his and began to rubbed his thumb on it.

"They will be returned to where they belong.." Steve said.

"And you're going to do it?" He slowly looked at me with hurt in his face. 

"I got to do it.. I can't let anyone do it.." He said. 

"What will you do after returning the stones?" I asked with a bit fear trailed on my voice.

"I don't know. Find out what I missed." He said taking his eyes off of me. I slowly nodded my head in understanding. 

"I--I don't know what to say Steve. I guess good luck?" I said while looking at the ground, letting go of our hands. When I let go of our hands, I felt like my heart broke into pieces. Knowing that he won't be back for me.