85~Kingdom 2

*Y/N

"I can't tell him now." I said softly.

"Tell me what?" Just then, I suddenly froze on my place. I looked at my back and saw Steve.

"What do I need to know, Y/N? Is it about you cutting off all our connections?" Steve furiously asked. I remained quiet and I cannot find any words to form.

"Y/N, come on! I need answers!" He started to raise his voice. I just looked at the floor and tears started to crowd my eyes.

"I can't." I said softly as I looked at him. He went near me and he held my hands and he rubbed it with his thumbs.

"Please tell me, I needed to know too." I just nodded my head.

"Remember when we're both in high school, you told me you have a girlfriend? Hearing you say that, my heart broke. Then, I started to distanced myself from you. After that, we both know about Sam and Nat--"

"Why? You're not happy with me?"

"How will I be happy if someone I love belongs to someone else." I said as I walk slowly away from him.

"Wait, you love me more than friends?" He asked he went in front of me and he stopped me.

"Yeah, but it's not quite a discussion anymore. You're getting married and--" He went near me and the unexpected thing happened: He kissed me. He kissed my lips and he pulled me closer to him. I suddenly closed my eyes and responded on his kiss. I put my arms around him and we kissed each other for too long. After a while, we both parted with the kiss and I looked down but he put his finger on my chin and he lift it for me to look at him.

"We waited for too long to realized it." He said.

"What? You're returning my affection?"

"Yeah, I'm in love with you for too long. Knowing you broke our contact and connection, I asked Nat and Sam to be friends with you so they can tell me how you're doing. I just wanted you so badly."

"The same goes for me but, you are clearly cheating on your fiancée." I said.

"I don't care, I can cancel the engagement and ask your father to let me marry you."

"You can't do that."

"I can."

"Is she here?"

"Yeah, your father asked me to stay here and she tagged along without asking me." He said as he rolled his eyes. I just chuckled at him and I shook my head.

"Can we stay here for the meantime? I just want to keep you first before somebody marries you." I just laughed at him as he held my hand and he intertwined it with his and he let us walked around the big garden.

"So, you're going to decide on whom to marry?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah, it's just a massive headache cause I don't have a boyfriend and---"

"Who says you don't have?" He said as he stopped us from walking. I went in front of him and raised my eyebrow at him.

"I don't have a boyfriend, Steve."

"Now you have a boyfriend."

"And are you referring to yourself or?"

"Myself."

"You're clearly cheating on—"

"Can we keep our relationship hidden while I took some time to plan myself for Sophie?"

"Steve, I can't be your mistress."

"Why?"

"I just can't.."