40~Prom

-AU PRETEND THAT THE AVENGERS ARE IN SENIOR ATTENDING THEIR PROM AND PRETEND THAT STEVE WAS BORN IN OUR GENERATION SO, HE'LL BE LIKE TONY BUT LESS VULGAR ;)

*Y/N

~2 days before the Prom

Steve just asked me to prom about three days earlier. I was so ecstatic but not really showing it because he's the jock and I'm just like a typical weird girl that loves to paint and wanted to become an artist. Speaking of artist, I was invited to ditch the last month of my senior year and go to Paris for my college. My college application got accepted by the school of Arts in Paris as their new exchange student.

Steve made me changed my looks. He changed me, it was like from ponytails to natural loose hair, applied some slight make-up to make me not look pale and also, I've changed my style in clothing. Now, the weird girl they ever teased is now the girl they drool. Well, this school has got to change! Sluts, whores and some shitty perv are all kinds that I find it here in the school.. Kinda gross..

"Oh hey hottie Y/N!" I heard Tony came beside me while putting his arm around my shoulder. I removed his hand and I went into my locker. Got my combination and put some books in my locker and got my English book and History.

"What do you want Tony?" I asked irritated.

"Did you know Steve made a bet out of you?" I looked at him confusingly.

"What do you mean? A bet? Of me??" I said as I closed the locker.

"Yeah.. He would make you from worst into a prom queen and he's just mind controlling you." I just opened my mouth in shock and I just shook my head.

"I gotta go.." I said awkwardly. I walked into my class and I just can't process what Tony told me.

"Hey Y/N! So, made up your mind already?" I heard Steve said as he went beside me and wrapped his arm in my shoulder. I removed his arm and never talked to him.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked as he stopped us and he faced me into him.

"I can't talked to you Steve.." I said as I pushed his hands off of me and walked past him. Me and Steve have the same class and I can't focus right now cause I felt eyes are digging into my soul. But, I shrugged it off in my head and tried to scribble something and pretended to be listening. Class had come and ended, I hurriedly went out of the class and into my locker. I opened my locker and got to put back my History book and pulled out my note book and book in Mathematics and I hurriedly closed my locker and went out. As I went out, I heard Steve is calling me but I never turned to him until he catches up to me and stopped me in my tracks.

"Hey, what's wrong with you? You haven't talked to me since this morning and you're giving me a cold shoulder." Steve said.

"Stop pretending that you cared for me Steve. I know you don't care.." I said as I walked away from him but he stopped me again.

"What do you mean pretending?"

"I knew all about this act! This weird girl turning it into a prom queen act.. I can't believe I'd let myself be a fool to you.. I can't believe you Steve.." I walked past him and tears are falling down my eyes.

"Wait.." He got into me again and held my arms. "Who told you?" I removed his hands in my arms and looked straight at him.

"Tony.." I walked past him and I stopped and turned to him one last time.

"By the way Steve..." He looked at me with his hurt eyes. "I don't want to go out with you and be your date at the prom.." I turn away from him and walked towards home which was 3 blocks away from school. As I was walking, I can't help but cry. How could I let myself be a fool to a jock that hurting me is the only intention to make. He made me realized that love is possible..