SOULMATES CHAPTER 03

The music started to play. It was the first dance of Raph and Cat as a wedded couple. 
“One look at you
my whole life falls in line
I prayed for you
before I called you mine
Oh, I can't believe it's true sometimes
I get to love you
It's the best thing that I'll ever do
I get to love you”

“This is my favourite song… I will also play this song at my wedding one day” Alec said turning himself to the side of the dancing floor. To his surprise, Magnus was standing right in front of him. “I love this song too,” he said holding a glass of wine in his hand. “I…uh... Hi” Alec said stuttering. He sat up straight pulling himself together and said again “Hi Magnus”
“Hi Alexander…it was really nice to meet you in person… I have heard a lot about you” Magnus said smiling 
Alec was nervous but he didn’t know why 
“Oh…uh…really? Did Raph tell you about me?” he asked
“Yeah, he has told me so many stories about you and your friends,” Magnus said still smiling.
Alec felt like his heart was melting. What is wrong with you Alec? Get your act straight. He thought to himself.
“Yes…we’ve had so many memories together since junior school” Alec replied smiling.  
Magnus was still smiling and he felt the same exact feeling that Alec was feeling. 
“So Alexander what are you doing? Doing a job?” Magnus asked
“I…I’m going to...uh…” Alec was stuttering 
“Magnus…” a voice interrupted. A girl came running and hugged Magnus and gave a kiss on his cheek “Hey bubs, shall we go and dance?” she asked from Magnus. 
Alec’s smile faded away and his expressions changed.
“Hey Camille” Magnus kissed her back on the cheek. And Alec’s face went blank. 
Magnus turned around to ask Alec if he wanted to join them. But Alec was nowhere to be found. He has already walked away.

Frustration and anger or was it jealousy that was building inside Alec. He could feel that his heart was heavy but he couldn’t understand why. As he walked away he saw Magnus putting a hand around that girl’s waist and walking towards the dance floor. Alec couldn’t stay there anymore. He wanted to leave the whole wedding… but no, he couldn’t. Today was not about him, it was special for his friends Raphael and Catarina. So he couldn’t just leave for a stupid reason. Even if he left he didn’t have an explanation to give to his sibling and friends. So he decided to just stay and watch Magnus dance with that girl.