SOULMATES CHAPTER 45

“So Magnus, you haven’t told me why you wanted to become an interior designer…” Alec said trying to change the conversation.

“You know my father is one so…” he paused “family legacy I would say…” he said. 

Magnus smiled thinking about something.

 “Why are you smiling?” Alec asked confused.

 “You know there was this little boy I’m always reminded of…” Magnus said, “He is one reason I started to study interior designing…”

“Which boy?” 

“The day we got into the accident…I was crying all alone at the hospital because they didn’t let me see mom…I was in shock too…and there was this boy…I think he was older than me…I still remember his face…he took my hand and gave me some chocolates” Magnus said smiling.

“He calmed me down saying all sorts of different things…and he sat with me there for a long time…he asked me what I wanted to be when I became older…I didn’t have an answer…”Magnus paused “and then he said that he wanted to become an interior designer…” 

“So…you wanted to become what he wanted?” Alec asked. 

“No…I wanted to meet him again…if he wasn’t there with me that day… I wouldn’t have been able to gather the strength to become who I am today…when I was sent abroad, I was lost not knowing what to study… and then I reminded myself about the boy and I wanted to see him again so I studied interior designing…” Magnus said.

“So did you meet him?” Alec asked.

“No I didn’t… I looked for him for many years…I didn’t know his name…I think he was my first love…one day if I ever meet him again, I want to thank him for being with me that day…and for changing my life” Magnus said.

“Magnus…can I know when this happened?” Alec asked.

“When I was 13, so that is 9 years ago…” Magnus said.

  Alec smiled and went to deep thought. He just stared at the empty plate for a long time.  

“You okay?” Magnus asked. “Yeah…should we go now?” Alec asked.
“Yeah, let’s go home…” Magnus said.

When they came home and even on the way Alec was silent. Magnus didn’t know what happened. 

After few minutes Alec said “Magnus I need to show you something…”

“Okay” Magnus said and followed Alec upstairs.

Alec went into his room. He took a box from under his bed and opened it. Magnus sat next to him on the floor. Without saying a word he gave him a photo.

Magnus took it and looked at it. It was a family photo. He guessed that there were two families in the photo. 5 adults, two young boys and a little girl. Magnus wiped the dust off and took a closer look. 

He was shocked.