SOULMATES CHAPTER 18

One week has already passed and Alec was still feeling empty. He misses Magnus so much.

He stares at Magnus’s old desk and thinks how much time he could have spent with Magnus when he was here. But now he’s gone and probably will never see him again.

The whole office felt empty. “I wish Magnus was here. He used to help with the all the small detailing parts” Aline sighed.

Everyone in the team missed Magnus. They got really close during the past 6 months.

“You okay Alec?” Meliorn asked noticing how he was staring at Magnus’s empty desk.
“Yeah, I’m okay” he smiled
“Missing Magnus eh?” Meliorn teased him “didn’t you tell him how you felt?” he asked.

Alec rolled his eyes at him and started to work.

“Okay…okay don’t tell him so…” Meliorn put his tongue out, grinned and then walked away.

When Alec went home he found a letter from the New York University. His Masters was to start on 25th of August. Now he had to get ready to go to Uni.

He had about two weeks to prepare everything. And he then remembered that Jace was leaving in a week. 

He had to prepare things for Jace as well. That was the least he could do as the big brother.

“Jace, when are you and Clary leaving?” Alec asked. 
“In a week… probably on the 19th” Jace replied.
“How’s the apartment and things going? Is everything ready for you and Clary to move in?” Alec asked. He was concerned about his brother. He loved him so much and he was responsible for him.

“Yep” Jace replied while having dinner.

“Did you tell mom?” Alec asked.

“Yeah…she was okay with it…but she was worried about you…I told her that you will find a house mate soon after I leave” Jace said.

“Okay let’s get your stuff ready and Jace, we need to post an add to rent your room” Alec said.

“Don’t worry brother I already posted” Jace winked.

Alec went upstairs because he was super tired after a full day of work. Even when he was having a shower Magnus was all he could think about. 
Few days later Alec got a call on their landline.

“Hello, Lightwood residence” he answered.