SOULMATES CHAPTER 12

It was almost 2 pm and Magnus had to get ready to go on a field visit with Alec. He has never been this excited. He sent a message to Alec saying that he was at the entrance. After few minutes he saw Alec walking towards him. 

“How are we going to go there?” Magnus asked. Alec pointed out at his car.

“Let’s go, get in” Alec said and they drove their way to hotel Dumort. 

At Dumort they talked with the owner and got her ideas. She was amazed to hear the amazing ideas of Magnus. Alec was surprised as well. How can an intern without experience have so many great ideas? Damn! Magnus is so amazing, he thought to himself. 

“Thank you Alec, Magnus. I think your ideas are amazing. Do a great job and amaze me” the owner smiled said goodbye and walked back inside.
Back inside the car,

 “Magnus you were amazing… I didn’t know you were this talented! I loved your ideas!” Alec said. 

Magnus was blushing “Thank you Alexander… I just told her what I thought about the place and what the best fit would be to attract more customers”.

Alec was still amazed. His eyes said it all. They were looking deep into each other’s eyes. And suddenly someone knocked on the car shutter.

Alec quickly came back to his right mind and rolled down the shutter. “Sir you can’t park here” a security guard said. “I’m really sorry” Alec said and started to drive.

“I don’t think we need to go back to the office. It’s already late. Shall I drop you at your apartment?” Alec asked
Magnus was happy, he was thinking of taking this as an opportunity to spend time with Alec. “Okay, you know the way?” he asked. “Of course I do” Alec replied.

When they arrived at the apartment Magnus felt a little nervous. But he wanted to take a shot “Thank you for dropping me Alec, would you like to come in for some snacks?” Magnus asked. Please say yes…please say yes…Magnus thought.

There was a moment of silence.
Alec was feeling very nervous and he was turning red. He quickly took a sip from his cold Americano which he bought on the way. “I...uh...Magnus” he stuttered. “I’m sorry…I have to go home early today” he finally said.

Magnus was really sad that he lost his time to spend with Alec but he smiled and said “that’s okay…I’ll see you tomorrow”.

Alec quickly drove home feeling very nervous and shy. He couldn’t explain what he was feeling.
When he was near the door he heard loud voices.