SOULMATES CHAPTER 57

The next few weeks were very busy and tiring for both Alec and Magnus. They had back to back lectures, assignment submissions, and reports and also had to go to work.

Alec and Magnus had their cute make out session once in while at office without getting caught by anyone. They spent their alone time at home but most days they fell asleep in each other’s arms because they were too tired to do anything fun.

Alec had a load of submissions and few practical exams so he had to take leave from work.

At work Asmodeus visited Magnus with another young woman. 

“Magnus” he called “This is Hayley…she will be your personal secretary” Asmodeus said.

“What? Dad I don’t need a secretary!” Magnus said.

“Don’t argue with me. From today onwards Hayley will be working for you.”  He said and left leaving Hayley to stand at the door.

“Hello Hayley, I’m Magnus. I’ll arrange a desk for you.” Magnus said and called Aldertree.

“Aldertree, can you please arrange a desk for Hayley outside my room?” Magnus asked.

“Sure” Aldertree nodded.

“Mr. Bane, but I was asked to stay inside your room” she said.

Magnus and Aldertree were shocked.

“Uh…no…no need for that…I will talk to my father about that…” he said “please do as I said” he said looking at Aldertree.

Magnus knew the ulterior motive of his father. And Magnus very well knew who Hayley was. She was not just a secretary, she was the only daughter of Mikaelson Holdings.  He knew what his father was up to. He dashed into his father’s room.

“Dad! What is seriously wrong with you?” Magnus shouted in anger.

“My boy keep your voice low” Asmodeus said signing some sheets of paper.

“You promised me that if I become the director, you will stop with all the marriage talks” Magnus said.

“I did…I’m not talking about your marriage…” Asmodeus said.

“I know what you are doing…and I know that girl Hayley…I know who she is…” Magnus said trying to keep his voice low but boiling with anger.

“Better…you can get to know her now” Asmodeus said still without looking at Magnus.

“I told you…this will be the last time I’m telling you…you can’t control my life now…I will marry the person I love not the person you want me to…” Magnus said hitting the table hard with his bare hands.

Asmodeus looked at him. “Okay…then find someone who is worthy of you…worthy of your status…worthy to be the wife of the heir of A.M.B holdings” he said.

Magnus couldn’t take it anymore. He walked out of the room in anger. 

When he came home, Alec hugged him “I missed you” he said and kissed Magnus on the lips.

Magnus pulled back and looked at Alec. Alec knew something was wrong.

“Did something happen at work?” Alec asked stroking Magnus’s cheek.

Magnus got hold of Alec's hand and led him to the sofa and signaled him to sit down.

“Alexander, my father gave me a new secretary.” Magnus said sighing.